1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer restarting frequently. Serious error

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by guysy1110, 12 Mar 2007.

1. guysy1110

guysy1110 What's a Dremel?

Im trying to find out why when i leave my pc on overnight or for a few hours it sometimes, but latley more frequently keeps suddenly restarting. when it books back up i get "your computer has recovered from a serious error"

The log says:

BCCode : 19 BCP1 : 00000020 BCP2 : 8210B220 BCP3 : 8210B430
    BCP4 : 0A420001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Ive had a search on google and found some similar problems saying the paging files are the problem, so i followed a guide from Microsoft saying that i should delete the paging files then change it to let the computer decide what size it should be.

This hasnt worked and im wondering if anyone can shed any light on this issue for me...

Thanks.

2. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

You should give some more info, like your system specs.

Apart from that, the first thing I would check is whether it's a problem with the RAM. Try another module then the one(s) you're using at the moment.
    (I'm assuming you tried a windows-reinstall already, if not, try that first).

3. traderonline

traderonline What's a Dremel?

it can also be a heat issue. please input some more details about your system specs :)

4. guysy1110

My system is:
    Windows professional
    2.8Ghz inter celeron D
    2x 256mb or ram
    gigabyte oem motherboard
    GeForce MX 4000 graphics card. passivly cooled and has a blue zalman heatsink on which seems to cool it fine.
    Hyper type R psu think its 580w
    80gb hard drive
    250g hard drive

think thats all.

Havent tried a re-install yet, but i thought it would be something that might have been fixed easily. I dont think its a heat issue, with the 3 fans everything seems pretty cool in my case.

I will probably have to do a clean install in the end.

5. Jhonyb

Jhonyb What's a Dremel?

BSOD ussualy means theres a conflict inside your machine and the computer hangs to prevent serious dmg to it.
    It can be a HUGE number of things. You can try to remove and disconect everything and then conecting one by one, or test the stuff in another computer.
    But if the computer hangsonly after some hours connected its strange, normally heat issues dont give BSOD they shut down the pc, some conflict? some windows BS ?

Re-install windows thats always the best option

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

look in the tech support sticky Question 2.

Then follow the instructions and tell us what you get.

7. guysy1110

thanks for all the input guys. i might try the turning off of automatic restarts later. Its been on for 1day 1 hours now and hasnt done it, im thinking maybe its a ram issue and i will take it out a see if it makes a change.

This is my "it will do for now" computer while i wait for my new set-up to be loaded with vista or xp pro.

Thanks.. guysy