1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Connect K400 plus keyboard to android

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrapBag, 6 Dec 2018.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

My son wants to be able to use a keyboard with his phone on occasions so I purchased a couple of micro to female USB cables and plugged in the adaptor.

I can see the adaptor has been detected by the phone but no go from the keyboard.

Plug a standard keyboard in and works fine, even the led backlights work which surprised me, god knows what that would do to the battery life mind you :p

So any tips on how to get this working?

just checked the batteries which is the first thing I should have done but they are fine.

The keyboard also works in my lounge pc but strangely not my main pc, that already has a wireless mouse so not sure if that's why but I'm not bothered about that anyway.

2. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I have the same keyboard on my main PC. I'll plug the dongle into my phone tonight and try get it to work.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Does the keyboard pair to the dongle for the mouse? It may be you need to disconnect the mouse's receiver, connect the keyboard's receiver, pair it, then try the phone again. It may also be that the receiver pulls more power than the phone's willing to provide - I've never tried a 2.4GHz wireless keyboard on a phone before.

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Its a keyboard and trackpad in one and it auto pairs with the dongle or did you mean disconnect the wireless mouse on my main pc? (G700S)

I did wonder about the power issue which is why I was surprised that the backlit keyboard lit up like an xmas tree.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That's what I meant: (most) Logitech wireless peripherals use a "Unifying Receiver," which means you can have multiple keyboards and mice all talking to a single USB receiver. If your wireless mouse is a Logitech (which a quick Google confirms it is), it's entirely possible the keyboard is paired to the Unifying Receiver from your mouse and *not* the one it came with - which would explain the problem.

Unplug your mouse's receiver, plug the keyboard's receiver in, and try using it on your desktop again. If it doesn't work, that's your problem: download the Unifying Software, unpair the keyboard from the mouse's dongle, pair it to its own dongle, and connect said dongle to the phone. Job's a good 'un.

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Well it seems I don't even have the dongle for my G700S, I used to leave it plugged into one of the Func 460 keyboards USB ports with the USB lead also plugged in (cos the G700S battery life is pooh) before I swapped to my current Corsair K70 which only has one port, so it seems I've actually lost the dongle which I'm not impressed about at all.

At least that rules out the cross talk issue I suppose.

7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Okay just found the missing receiver which wasn't the missing receiver :p

The receiver I was trying to use with the keyboard was in fact the G700S receiver, the K400's receiver was plugged into the back of my lounge pc which is why the keyboard worked on the lounge pc when I had the G700S plugged in because it was using its own receiver all along. These things are so tiny it was impossible to see from a sideways look at the back of the pc as there were other cables in the way.

Story short, phone and keyboard now work :) and I feel stupid :p

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  8. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Thanks for your help Gareth, although it wasn't the direct solution it did put me on the path of looking at the receivers thus finding my silly error.