1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Connecting to LAN through another PC

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by karagiosis, 14 Nov 2014.

1. karagiosis

karagiosis Greed

I'm having some problems configuring my network. On one hand I have a PC running Win7 64 bit connected to a router WIFI. On the other hand I have a device (let's say it's another PC) that can connect to a network through an ethernet cable. I'd like to connect that device to my PC but configure windows to forward that connection as if the device was connected directly to the router. I tried selecting both adapters and setting up a bridge but it didn't work, at least the router didn't show the device under its DHCP client list. Could anyone tell me if what I want to do is possible and how to acchieve it? Any help will be much appreciated T_T

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

3. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

4. karagiosis

karagiosis Greed

I've already tried it but didn't work. Thanks anyway ^^'.
    There's a guide on Windows TCP/IP in that article. I'll have a quick look at it first and then try the solution they give. I'll post back tomorrow as I don't think I'll be able to test it today.

5. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Back on my old aBit ip35 motherboard (it had 2 ethernet ports) you could just bridge the connection in the "network and sharing center" I believe. It was as simple as right clicking the 2nd ethernet connection and selecting bridge.

6. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Bridging a connection definitely works, but having used it in the past it was always a bit flakey. That was on wireless back in the day when a Centrino was as good as it got though, so perhaps it's stable enough now?

IPRouterEnable is what we use on the servers at work so they can effectively bridge their private comms link to the rest of the network, and it's always been simple and effective.

There's another process that we use on other systems but it escapes me right now.