1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Connectors for snappable header pins?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Yraen, 5 Jan 2006.

1. Yraen

Yraen What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know what the connectors for the snappable header pins are called? I'm looking for some connectors like those that come with a case, the ones for the power switch, reset, hd led, etc that connect to the motherboard. I just can't find them and I'm not sure what they are called. Here's the pins I'm talking about.

Thanks.

2. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

you mean pin headers?
    you mean like these at maplins? clickyclicky

i always called them pin headers or motherboard headers, maplins always knew what i wanted (the little connectors for them are usually called motherboard jumpers).

3. Gascan1888

Gascan1888 What's a Dremel?

I think he means more like These at jameco, since he's in the U.S.

4. Yraen

Yraen What's a Dremel?

That's them Gascan, thanks. :D

5. Confused Fishcake

Confused Fishcake Minimodder

If you want really cheap ones (albeit in the uk) techsupplies.co.uk sells strips of 10 for only 3P!

6. mcshaggy

mcshaggy What's a Dremel?

http://futurlec.com/ConnHead.shtml you cant beat these for the price. scroll down and the wire-mount connectors for headers are there. $0.10 a piece compared to $0.23 a piece ($2.30 for the minimum order of 10) at jameco. also, shipping is flat $4. i use futurlec all the time, so far they have the lowest prices around for generic parts.

edit: you need to buy pins for them too, at 60 cents for ten. still cheaper than jameco