1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Constant BSOD'ing and crashing (minidumps inside)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by cardan93, 27 May 2012.

1. cardan93

cardan93 What's a Dremel?

Recently my computer has been BSOD'ing none stop. I haven't added new hardware to the setup or anything. I've even formatted my entire hard-drive in-case it was something software related to no avail. I can't play any games without the game either crashing to the desktop or getting a BSOD. However the problem doesn't ONLY come up when playing video games, but it happens when just sitting idle on the desktop or doing other small things. I have a feeling it might be my graphics card because from time to time I see small green lines going across my monitor that weren't there before. They go away when I scroll with my mousewheel though. Any idea what the problem could be? I'd appreciate any advice.

Here are my specs

Biostar A780L3G Motherboard
    4gb ddr3 Corsair stick
    EVGA GTX 460 1gb
    AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition
    OCZ 500 watt powersupply

The latest BSOD said "Bad Pool Header".

I've included some minidumps as well. Maybe they can be helpful? I wasn't sure how to attach a zip file to this post so I uploaded them to mediafire. If that's against the rules I'll gladly delete the link and attach the file here if I can.

Minidump

2. JPClyde

JPClyde What's a Dremel?

I haven't read your minidump but try the usual routine it's a process of elimination;

1. SFC /SCANNOW in the command prompt to fix any faulty system files.
    2a. Check drivers are upto date specially graphics.
    2b. Check bios is upto date.
    2c. If any software installed just before the BSOD, remove them to see if the new software was causing the issue.
    3. Run memtest86 to check memory.
    4. Run seatools to check hard drives.
    5. Try swapping out the suspected hardware.

Then go from there.

3. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Spidey sense says hardware related from what you've described. Two of your dumps are related to memory management.

Memtest86+ would be my first step, personally.

You may find bluescreenview useful.

Tags: