1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Controlle 2 fans in parallel ?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by '99, 4 Feb 2008.

1. '99

'99 New Member

I was wondering if it was possible to connect 2 fans, to one port on my Lian Li TR-3? so that it regulate the RMP's equal on both fans?
    I'm using 2 equal fans, and until now regulating them individualy and loosing 1 port which I could use better.

2. Cinnander

Cinnander New Member

Yes, it should be ok, but you will have to disconnect the RPM lead from one of the fans or your RPM reading will be something stupid like 12,000 RPM (basically you'll have double the RPM pulses). I wouldn't do more than two fans per channel, however, as the transistors on that controller look like they have rather tiny heatsinks (and are very close to one another).

3. '99

'99 New Member

@Cinnander... Thx. for the quick reply. I'll try and se what happens

4. Minifly3

Minifly3 New Member

I'm not the best with Fans. But If you had A new fan connector to the controller/mobo and then wired the negative of fan A to the The positive of Fan B , heat shrink that and then wire the Positive and negative that are left into the new connector. Although I believe this may not work as each fan would only be getting Half the voltage.. Unless your fan has a seperate Power and controller wiring..
    Which in this case you'd just combine the wires of the controller from fan together.

5. '99

'99 New Member

How about using some kind of splitter?