1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics controlling the fan speed on an x1950xtx

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rikbikboo, 7 Dec 2006.

1. rikbikboo

rikbikboo What's a Dremel?

is ther a program that will allow me to overclock my cards but be able to set the fan speed at the maximum all of the time.

i have looked at radlinker (i think) and ati tools that just crashes.

do these utilities support the 1950xtx atm?

also was going to try omega drivers but there is no crossfire button to turn on xfire

spec
    asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe latest bios
    4800cpu x2 at stick
    2gb oc ram cas 2 200mhz
    2x x1950xtx 512 cards
    agiea 256mb pysx card.

2. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

rivatuner, ati tool and ati tray tool let you set the fan speed. ati tray tool allows you to keep it so it changes with temps but you can set new temp levels and fan speeds so it still cools well but isnt on 100% all the time

3. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

i dont know how it works with ati, but with nvidia in the overclocking bit, it gives you the option "always run fan at full speed" is there notrhing like that in ati tools or catylist?

4. rikbikboo

yeah not just that but i am going to have to post in the overclocking forum too. i cant seem to get the machine to boot even at 220 mhz fsb which is pitiful

i have never had problems overclocking by 10% before on any system i took it as standard.

there is an option in mybios that says jumperfree configuration. i wonder if there is a jumper on the motherboard but i just am clueless, there are so many settings and i am sure that i could get better result for 3d mark etc etc

oddly now when i run 3d mark i score less than my origonal post in the 3dmark06 thread. very odd.

any ideas?

5. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

sometimes overclocking with not get you extra pionts, the card will heat up and will suffer. i have my pc clocked at 220fsb, havent gona any further yet because i havent seen a need to.

when you say you boot at 220, do you have everything set to auto regarding the vcore etc? and can your psu handle it?

6. rikbikboo

its not the psu m8 i have a 700watt jobby. liek you i am aware of the issues wityh overclocking but i expect to get the 10% which is fsb at 220 mhz easily.

not just that but the cpu is water cooled so heat isnt an issue i am wondering what else i can do as reading the reviews by all accounts this mob overclocks well and i have only ever had this issue with this particular setup.

still has to be some other issue as the 3d,mark score as faltered too.
    np i will work it out.

7. rikbikboo

also just realised that ati tools tray will only set the fan speed for a single card and not the second which is also pointless as i need both fans at 100% no tjust 1

ideas?

Tags: