1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Cooler Master Announces Case Mod World Series 2015 Competition

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 7 Jan 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I guess this is to stop people from using CM thermal paste to get around things. Annoying really, they have such a limited product stack, basically means hoards of people using CM PSUs (that's the only thing of theirs I'd place in a high end scratch build).

Edit: It appears that's only if using an existing chassis for a scratchbuild? Every year that bit's confusing.

Last edited: 7 Jan 2015
  3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Hi Alex - pretty sure that's right and that's my thinking too. I'll confirm this with CM and report back.

4. shinji2k

shinji2k Minimodder

I sort of understand why they do it, but they exclude a lot of the best mods with these arbitrary start dates. You can't even plan for it since it seems to be at different times every year.

Did they even have a competition last year?

5. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Last year's one had a sensible start date if I recall, January or February 2013 I think. Having a June start date is just plain stupid though. What's the point of calling it the 2014 competition if half of the ruddy year doesn't count? IMO they should just do it Bit style and say if it was finished in 2014 then it's game. After all you don't get an innate advantage by taking years to finish, you may just be slow thanks to lack of time/funds etc.

6. Ace_finland

Ace_finland Minimodder

Just integrate the actaul CM thermal paste tube into the build, problem solved :D

7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

What REALLY disappointed me about last year's comp (after pouring heart and soul into my first ever scratch build and pulling a 60-hour final stint to make the deadline) was that it then went out to a fkg Wasteofspacebook popularity contest. So basically, the more "friends" you had, the better chance you had.

How is that any different from these comps that require you to Like them in order to enter? You had to have a FB account to be able to even vote and it wasn't mentioned initially in the terms.

That - and the fact that some of the non-winners in, admittedly my own opinion, far outclassed the eventual winners - really put me off bothering with any of these things ever again, sadly.

Tags: Add Tags