1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Cooler Master HAF 932

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Oct 2008.

1. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

2. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

First impression was "eww" but it acutally grew on me as i read the review. that and i mentally put it next to the antec 900. that makes anything look good. except another 900.

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ehh I like the industrial look personally but you could always mod away some of that for those who want a more plain look.

4. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

We run multiple drive setups like this here in the labs and at home, and haven't ever really found a problem with them overheating, even when they're very tightly packed.

IIRC, Google published a very large report that found that if a hard disk didn't fail inside of six months, it was generally good for another five years, with operating temperatures having almost no impact on reliability.

While drives can overheat (usually when they're older, hotter models, and very tightly packed together is a pretty hot environment), I think it's a bit silly to write a case off because the hard drives are mounted the one way or another. In the HAF 932, they've still got a 230mm intake fan blowing right over them, as well as the small ventilation slits on both the side panels providing improved ventilation.

5. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Have to say the Raytheon would be more my style. Do you think we can expect similar performance from that case given the different exterior?

6. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

oh..... SNAP!!!!!!!!

*drool*

7. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Does the above hardware design really cause that much hard drive overheating? Have to say I've had no over heating issues with similar cage designs. Surely the temp would have to be crazy for the drives to overheat that much no matter how many you packed in there??

Last edited: 16 Oct 2008
  8. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I had a similar reaction, can't wait and I think I've found my next case :eeek:

9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

"we were expecting some pretty impressive results from the HAF 932, although we certainly expecting what happened next..."

we certainly expecting.. heh
    - thanks, fixed.

Cool case, shame about the dust filter business tho.

10. naokaji

naokaji whatever

Would I ever consider the HAF? no, never, but the Raytheon on the other side, sure, removable mainboard tray + cutout for easy backplate installation is great and the design is almost up there with lian-li and silverstone without their pricetag.

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

I saw a very early prototype of the Raytheon back in either April or June (can't remember which trip!) and it looked promising back then... the linked pics look pretty nice and it's come on a bit since I first saw it.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We've got 2 coming for review as soon as they're run off the production line ;)

13. Deadsailor21

Deadsailor21 What's a Dremel?

14. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

What he said... :D

15. tonschk

tonschk Minimodder

I agree , I like the Industrial Army look of this case , I love the X shape on the side panel

16. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

right now i'm tempted to just go ahead with a lian-li a7010b or a77b, they're priced the same, or cooler master decides to go with a lower msrp.

17. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Steel. Meh. No love from me. I need minimum weight. To offset watercooling gear weight.

18. _DTM2000_

_DTM2000_ Minimodder

I'm with you on that one, that's my type of case. I don't like the HAF 932 at all. It looks like it's been cobbled together with all sorts of mis-matching materials. There's too many styles of grill etc, it just looks messy to me.
    It was thoughtful of them to include an ashtray though: http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2008/10/cooler-master-haf-932/15.jpg ;)

19. naokaji

naokaji whatever

20. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

hmm i was curious and searched and found some pics, looks nice indeed but have been told it would cost around 270 dollars :(

naked shots here

Damn overlooked someone else already posted a link to it.

What i do like about the HAF is the modifiability for a industrial like Half Life theme or something. And my mind was going in to overload in how to fit a 240 and 120mm rad into it with 2 reservoirs and eheim pumps.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2008
Tags: Add Tags