1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolermaster ATC-210

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by :: kna ::, 8 Sep 2001.

1. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Welcome to the forums, lordflash!

Yeah, no doubt that Coolermaster make their cases just that little bit more special than the others.. you certainly pay for it though! :D

2. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Cant agree more :D Its what I've been saying all along :D
    Just read part two and its a shame about the live drive , you would have thought cm would have done something about that . As until the Hercules XP came out the live drive was the sound card of the wealthy computer geek :D And this case is aimed at the same type of person it doesnt make a whole lot of sense :(

3. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

The new Soundblaster Audigy is out and the soundblaster platinum is now history! maybe they thought ahead? to incorporate the audigy drive? ;)

Just a thought

4. Kevin

Kevin What's a Dremel?

*shocked*

u put a Live!Drive in there....

:eek:

5. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

At least the audigy has the option of the external bay though :)
    I still prefer my Hercules XP as its blue :D

6. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Ah, you don't know what's coming though :)

7. Hi-TEK

Hi-TEK What's a Dremel?

Hmmm... I dunno Kna after reading your part two the fact that you had to remove the knobs from the SBLive doesn't sit right with me. As you pointed out ressessing the unit back a unit will look a little ackward once the other drives are mounted. Perhaps maybe modding the door so that the switches pass through might be a better method. Maybe some of you might want to comment on this as it will still be an issue for anyone mounting a premade or homemade baybus, rheostat or APS2000..

8. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

Rheostats are limited by design. The ASP2ooo comes with two switch options. We can also accommodate other switches should the need require a different type.

This is discussed and advised on a case-by-case scenario. Pun intended J

Manufacturers should be taking note of market trends and give the customer a variation to suit their needs. More and more people are getting cases with doors because that’s the way they come.

Some marketing need to get round a table?

9. shorty

shorty What's a Dremel?

i like the case.. i dont have a live drive thingie.. im going stelth on this case.. and i like the blue front, and 1 LAN party you can have it on and at the next you can have it off, i think that would be cool. about the price, i have hated all alluminum cases for being soo damn expensive. But, this is my reward for building a computer for someone!! heh! normally i would never buy a case that is over $40 (US):rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

Welcome to the forums mate, we welcome everyones input wthere its bad/good/right or wrong! thats what these Discussion boards are for!!!!

11. shorty

shorty What's a Dremel?

heh- i may be a bit-tech n00b, but i consider myself pretty smart when it comes to computer mods. Yesterday someone called my house asking for shorty lol, my real name is adam, he needed help with his new motherboard... my parents almost hung up on him. laff

12. Hi-TEK

Hi-TEK What's a Dremel?

It is quite hard to justify the prices for the aluminum cases but your paying for a high quality case. By all means its not for everyone and there are only a select few that I know who'd spend the money on it. I own 4 computers and its hard enough trying to explain that I paid $300 for my PC-60 and then justify my need to mod it to death with a dremel. Modding is definately in my blood..

13. Dremel_Freak

Dremel_Freak What's a Dremel?

The new Lian Li PC7 represents excellent value, I've seen it for just over £100 inc.VAT which makes it one of the cheapest ALU cases around, it shares it's looks and many features with the PC60, comparing the two side by side the PC7 is very nice - why pay £200+ for a Coolermaster when you can get a PC7 for half that money - ain't no competition in my book!

14. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

But if money wasnt an issue what case would you choose ? I know you have owned both :)

15. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

Welcome to the forums

16. Dremel_Freak

If money wasn't an issue then you could buy what u liked! I'd buy one of the new Enermax cases then - alot better than a Coolermaster any day!

17. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

how do you know? ever seen one in RL?

18. Dremel_Freak

Have you? What difference does that make? The question was if money was no object.

19. Dremel_Freak

Coolermaster's are a rip-off at those prices.

20. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

No I havn't thats why I never compared it to the enermax - like you did.

Tags: Add Tags