1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Cooling loop(s) ideas

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Xarig, 30 Jul 2008.

1. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Okay, so it's been 3 years since completion of my last mod and it's time to get back on the horse :dremel:.

I'm currently designing my next rig but I need some opinions regarding the water cooling loops. I'm intending to use a 790i mother board and cool the following components:

CPU
    Both chipsets
    Mofsets
    2 or 3 hard drives
    1 or 2 nVidia 280 GPUs

I'll most likely use EK blocks as I'm lovin' the look, and the nickel option will fit well with my theme.

I will have two pumps (Liang DDC Ultras), 2 x 240 radiator, 1 x 360 radiator and two resevoirs (it's a TJ07 so there's plenty of room). I could convert one of the 240 rads to a second 360 if needed.

So the questions are:
    1 loop or two?
    which components on which loop?
    Should I use different ID/OD tubing for each loop - what's the aesthetic like on that?

The folks on this forum were really supportive when I built Aqua-Sli and I thought I'd get you in at the beginning with this new build.

Let me know what you think :)

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

2 loop, same OD, and stuff every available part you have into it.:D

3. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Hmm, @ cheapskate - I'm loving the enthusiasm! But i need some debate. I'm also thinking two loops and the same ID/OD - this time I want to go 1/2 inch ID:clap: rather than the 10mm I did last time. But the big questions is what to put on each loop - show me the science Bit-Techers

4. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

If your doing two loops, i'd put the HDD's and GFX on one, and the rest on the other. Just for the sheer placement of things is easier. And heat wise thats probably better.
    Both loops will be fine on one 240 rad for sure too. :)

1/2 ID is a bit mental though for 2 loops, or have you got a massive case for this? :D

5. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Well i would leave the hard drives out, put the gpu's in a loop with the tripple rad and the rest with the other 2 rads.

no science behind that. i just think a nice and clean loop for the gpu's and a complex one for the rest would look very nice next to each other :naughty: