1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Core 2: Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Highland3r, 10 Oct 2006.

1. trig

trig god's little mistake

srry...i actually did jump smaller...3 mhz at a time...hit 463, then 466,no probs, but when i tried 469, the beeping thing i mentioned b4

2. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

How stable was/is it at 466? i.e can you run memtest/orthos ok?

3. trig

i didnt try it...since it beeped at me like that, i dropped it to 400 fsb and i tried to do some testing there, but i couldnt get prime 95 to run 2 instances....the second instance kept telling me couldnt create registry key
    i ran memtest for a few minutes, and one instance of prime for about 10 minutes...no errors...one curious thing was the core temp app showed 85 c after 10 minutes, but then even after i shut down prime and memtest it stayed there...but i opened another instance of core temp and it showed low 40's

4. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Use orthos not prime. Work your way up slowly, testing for stability as you go. Could well be the mobo/ram/CPU's maxing but there's no way to tell until you know how far the system can be pushed stable.

5. trig

cool...ill try and hit 466 again tonight and test orthos...will create seperate thread so as not to clutter

6. zahir

zahir What's a Dremel?

HI Every one
    Graphics card installation make me upset and i could not get the point to how install it.....some help plsssssss

Thanks

7. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Just stick it in the PCI-E/AGP slot? It'll only go in 1 way so don't force it. AGP won't fit in PCI-E and visa versa.
    There's some other problems with voltage ratings on the AGP cards - can you let us know what mobo/GFX card your using please?

8. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Just been bitten by the bug again so have been playing round with my P5B and 6300 - I can't seem to get it stable at anything higher than 400FSB, it doesn't always boot to windows if I increase it and even if it managaes that it crashes once superpi is run.

Mem voltage at 1.9, Core voltage set to auto since I'm not sure where I should be going with that. Any hints, guys? :)

9. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Can u post specs please? Also probs best to start a seperate thread for this too :)

10. Neo2Neo

Neo2Neo What's a Dremel?

Great guide Highland3r helped me decide on my current setup did not even know that the asrock dual setup mobo existed, pity about the fsb wall, seems to be about 295 so my 6420 can't be unleashed yet..