Multi Corned beef sandwiches

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SuperHans123, 30 Aug 2023.

?

Will Starfield be broken on launch?

1. Tier 1 Broken..CyberPunk

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Tier 2 Broken..Redfall

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Some annoying bugs

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  4. Will be largely fine

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Apparently, Nvidia have pushed a new profile out for Starfield. A restart of your PC should fetch it.
    Sadly, us Linux players have to wait for a whole new driver build.

BTW - A DLSS mod has already dropped.

Vault-Tec and keef247 like this.
  2. keef247

keef247 Modder

Strange a lot of the AMD people who've actually bought and played it say otherwise though?

Most of them with AMD cards are actually getting less than their Nvidia rivals, go figure, real people vs youtube clickbait... Yet it's an AMD game :hehe:

Along with how FSR is making it worse for fps vs turned off, well done Bethesda!
    And the AMD guys are actually being honest about this and laughing about it vs being biased...

I get 53-61 fps at 1440p native with a 4070 depending on where abouts I am at the time... Or 93-110 fps with 1440p with the DLSS2 mod that came out this morning...

Also I don't use more than 6.3-6.9gb vram, so yeah vram isn't an issue, my friends 6800xt is using around 9gb at the same res/settings when we compared native 1440p ultra settings...

My card out the box is something stupid like 350mhz faster game clock than a ref Nvidia card and easily hits 3ghz (3.1 if you really wanna push, as 8Pack proved) and laughs at 500mhz extra on memory... Wether this helps or not, who knows, but it's a bonus over a ref card!

Works well, the DLSS3.0 version PureDark is soon to release, will be insane based on how well DLSS2 does!

You're quoting Daniel Owens video, I liked how he didn't bother to try high settings on some of the cards yet mentioned he should have :hehe:
    Gotta love how this is the new CP/TLOU to moan about already :hehe: how predictable, but they gotta get their views/revenue and no one will watch a video where someone doesn't moan I guess :rollingeyes:

It's funny that people that actually have the game have only had minor bugs like the floating people silliness, but nothing breaking/stacking the game... VS youtubers...

TLOU clickbait lies all over again!

Last edited: 2 Sep 2023
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Be interesting to see how the 7800XT performs at 1440p, if I'm throwing £500+ on a card I want 60fps without throwing the dlss/far trickery on it.

E: not sure why I'm commenting, I won't be getting it for a year+.

keef247 likes this.
  4. keef247

keef247 Modder

The 6800xt at 1440p ultra does 5X-62's in the busy parts of the city, natively and fluctuates above that, but obviously the minute there's people/stuff going on it dips to low 50s... At best the 7800xt would probably do 60s-70 stable I'd imagine in a taxing area?

Which'd be fine if you're not upgrading from something close to that last gen or whatever.

adidan likes this.
  5. adidan

* Looks at gtx1080 *

Last gen, lol

keef247 and Hex like this.
  6. keef247

keef247 Modder

Tbf though if you've had that 'all this time' then that has done you a solid hasn't it!

That'll be a tidy upgrade!

7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

8. adidan

Yeah it's been a trooper. I still have the remastered ME trilogy to run through that it'll run at 1440p.

TBH with a PS5 soon to be on the way i may even hold off until next gen :lol:

Maybe not though :happy:

keef247 likes this.
  9. keef247

keef247 Modder

Nioce nioce :naughty: get both :hehe:

adidan likes this.
  10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

UPDATE - Looks like a Proton hotfix dropped into my Steam install yesterday.
    The game now runs satisfactorily on Linux/Nvidia/Steam, and I got 4hrs in last night.

11. keef247

keef247 Modder

Amazing! Bet you're chuffed to bits, proton is awesome! What flavour of Linux you rocking mate? I love Mint personally.

I find it hilarious all this misinformation and lies shared for click bait videos and every sheep believes it, I'm getting 60 nearly everywhere natively then 53-57 in the busiest areas at 1440 ultra natively...
    Installed the PureDark dlss2.0 mod and get 90-120fps depending on the place!

I genuinely think I could get a locked 60 at 4k ultra with dlss...

But TeH iNtErNeTs SaY iT BwOkEn...

TLOU lies vs actual playing experience all over again!

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I'm on Kubuntu 23.10 now. *updates signature*
    I jumped from standard Ubuntu when they switched back from Unity to Gnome, because Gnome devs like to remove features and options they can't be arsed maintaining.

13. keef247

keef247 Modder

Nioce, I hated Ubuntu and fedora when I tried them this year, love Xubuntu, it's my personal favourite flavour of bunty.

What's your performance like? What cards/res/settings?

Can you use the PureDark mod or will that not translate with proton?

I am still in awe of the performance and visuals vs the bs online.

This was using the default 70% scaling value and turning the mod on and off I cannot tell from native.

I never ever liked the idea of dlss before owning this card, cause I'd used fsr which looks terrible, but this is mental, dlss3 and 3.5 however are on another level, it blew my mind playing Cyberpunk with RT on pyscho with nvidia super low latency mode and dlss3.0 at 1440p max settings getting 93-110 fps!

Talk about eat my own words haha! And I'ma ATi/AMD guy so the least biased to praise this!
    IMHO though if it works it works, doesnt matter to me who makes it, same as liking different cars in the car scene, which is a taboo :rolleyes:

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Specs are in my signature. Didn't have the fps overlay switched on, which is why I said "runs satisfactorily". Haven't tried any mods yet.

15. keef247

keef247 Modder

Ah I couldn't see it on the mobile layout, just switched to desktop view...

Interesting spec...
    I'm on a 5700x/4070/b550m/32gb 3600 cas 16...

You should be getting VERY good fps based on my experience, especially if you're able to use the dlss mod, but I doubt you'll need it depending on your chosen res...

Oh and BTW I'm not using the variable resolution scaling thing either, just the default 70% scale on the dlss mod.

Last edited: 2 Sep 2023
    IanW likes this.
  16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

As a Star Citizen player, I know that changing your character's gender is the simplest, easiest way to do a character reset.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  18. keef247

keef247 Modder

It's funny out of the 202 pages of people actually owning it and playing it on ocuk, no-one has had any of these magical clickbait issues... Funny that...

I haven't even updated my drivers for my gpu since installing it on the 26th july...

IanW likes this.
  19. sandys

sandys Multimodder

That there suggests your are scaling which is not native?

Still its always a case of choose appropriate settings for your hardware, you can play starfield on an iGPU.

20. keef247

keef247 Modder

@sandys yeah I was just playing around with the stock dlss2.0 mod with the stock scaling setting mate...

However... I just installed the dlss3.5/frame gen mod...

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/761?tab=description[/URL]

and this is the results with 1440p ultra and 100% resolution scaling via the above mod...
    [​IMG]

I did play with 70-90% scaling but wanted to push my luck, and thanks to Frame Gen and DLSS3.5 properly being installed now with the new mod it doesn't seem worth it to me to gain 10-20fps over having 100% scaling?

Pretty happy with that, only uses a tiny bit more wattage draw than before on my gpu compared to the 70% dlss2 scaling mod. I am heavily undervolted though.

Last edited: 5 Sep 2023