Hardware Corsair Commander Pro Overview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 23 May 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

I assume it's expected in the same way that Creative software was expected to be buggy, real player was expected to be terrible etc. Unreliable software that remains unreliable over time is because the team working on it don't have the will, skills or time to fix the issues... usually it's all three.

This hardware gizmo is surely nothing without its software, so you really should call Corsair out not producing a stable app to go with it... or at least highlight exactly what makes it buggy and what effect it has.

3. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

However, it is sometimes a little buggy. This is somewhat expected when it controls and monitors so many different aspects of your system, though.

really? Agile software development, daily scrums, up to date bug lists, attitude towards fixing a problem is more important than all the training in the world...

4. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

It does seem like Corsair need to spend a little less time stuffing RGB LED's in things and more time making sure the software is up to par.

CUE doesn't have a great reputation, I know some people have nothing but issues with it, but apart from the occasional "your mouse/keyboard/headset has disappeared lol" glitch, it's been fairly robust for me.

I do have a Corsair AIO, but I wasn't particularly interested in using LINK, so I can't comment on that.

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I don't know about you, but if you're going to review a product, shouldn't you say what it actually is at the start of the review? It's all well and good saying "One such piece of hardware is the Corsair Commander Pro. Basically, this is a direct replacement for the Commander Mini but includes more features." but if I don't know what the Commander Mini is then this isn't helpful at all, is it?

I also agree with the comments that a device like this is just an expensive paperweight without software, so I'm not willing to give Corsair a pass because of bugs, especially given that their software has been like this since time immemorial. If I'm going to drop over £60 on a fan and LED controller then it has to work properly. Mind you, I'm not going to buy this anyway, because I have no desire to stick LEDs in my computer :D

Tags: Add Tags