1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corsair HX 620 - Tick Tick Tick

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by StephenK, 14 Oct 2007.

1. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Hi All,

Quick question: My PSU fan ticks like a high pitched aircraft propeller, am I correct in assuming this isn't normal?

My case is on the floor under my desk and when i sit back in my chair and listen (so my ear is easily over a meter away from the back of my case) i can clearly here this little ticking noise. If i open up the case the noise drowns out every other fan in the case. Has anyone heard of any of these psu's having this problem? Is it possible that its just an internal component touching slightly off the fan? I stopped the fan with a chopstick and when it started up again it really did sound like an old propeller starting. The Corsairs score very highly in reviews so maybe i just got a wonky one :(

Any advice?

Also, my rig is only 8 months old. I ordered the PSU from dabs, anyone got any experience of their attitude to returns?

Last edited: 14 Oct 2007
  2. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

It's been reported by YellowBeard (Corsair Staff) @ XS that the ticking you hear is the Corsair label on the fan lifting off, and clicking against the grille. Remove yon sticker, and silence your clicker.

3. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Tulatin! :thumb:

Opened up case, poked at sticker.... oh look it IS loose! Poked it a bit more until i could pull (most of) it off the fan. No more clicking! Didn't even need to take the psu out of the case :D

You are on my Christmas card list forever! Thank you! :clap::clap::clap: