1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Hydro H75 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 17 Feb 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Last edited: 17 Feb 2014
  2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

OK, I'm going to ask a few questions here that is more about AIO's in general. What is the life expectancy of AIO's? Custom loops have reservoirs for a reason (Topping up, changing coolant, etc) so do these suffer from the lack of a reservoir? Does the liquid evaporate and can it be topped up or is it more likely that the pump will go first as I have heard several times?

I ask as Air coolers are expected to do their jobs for years to come and when they fail it is merely a fan issue which can easily be replace and then you carry on with the same cooler. With AIO's you can change the fans but there are other things, like the questions above, to consider. If the expected life span is only 2-3 years that would be a serious negative in my choice and would then make me consider either paying the extra (usually a substantial amount more) for a custom loop or to just stick with a decent air cooler. However, if these are expected (but not guaranteed, obviously) to last 5+ years then I think that is a worth while investment.

I totally agree with the summary though, there certainly seems to be a saturation of AIO's recently, especially from Corsair who aren't helped by their confusing naming structure. I understand that the 'i' models have the built in software connections but the other models don't seem to have any indication of the radiator depth or fan orientation (push OR pull, or push AND pull).
    Speaking of push and pull... Is there a rule of thumb for the level of performance increases that can be expected by adding the extra fan/s or does it completely vary between different radiators and fans and whether they are designed to be specifically used in one manner or the other.

Sorry for all the questions and if I rambled on some what. :)

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

From the Corsair warranty page:

Hydro Series™ (Models H50v2, H55, H60v2, H60, H70 CORE, H80, H100, H80i, H100i, H90, and H110) have a 5 year warranty

I assume this means that Corsair expect the coolers to last a fair bit over 5 years. AFAIK the liquid can't evaporate, at least not at a rate which worries the manufacurer.

My H55 keeps my overclocked 2500K at under 50 degrees when gaming, with the fan dialled down to an ear-friendly 1100rpm. At full whack (1700rpm) it'll keep it close to 40 degrees.

I didn't need to justify spending any more for this chip.

4. SchizoFrog

Thanks for that Shirty... The warranty info answers a lot.

Bit-Tech, I know that these coolers do not feature the RGB LED of the 'i' series but is there any LED in the pump unit for the ship design? I think older models had a blue LED as default but they don't seem to be mentioned any more.

5. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

6. SchizoFrog

You confused the hell out of me there as it took me a while to realise that the quote was from the forum as it doesn't show on the main site. I am also a little confused as to why the H75 is quoted as £64 rather than the articles £61.

7. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

8. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

I wish the price of these would come down. In all of the time they have been available they've never really dropped in price :(

I thought as things became more popular and thus were produced in larger numbers more cheaply we'd see the prices drop. But this actually costs more than my H50 did years ago.

9. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

SchizoFrog, I think most of what you said has been addressed already, but as for push-pull there will definitely be some variance as to its impact depending on the radiator and set-up. Often, however, a push-pull set-up is one that will allow you to achieve similar performance to a set-up with fans on just one side, but at lower noise levels, as the pairs of fans don't need to spin as fast to produce the same effective airflow as the individual ones. The tradeoff is the need for more space, with the ultimate expression of this being a case like the Corsair 900D, which can house multiple full thickness radiators with push-pull fans, but is bigger than a small child...

Also, no, there are no LEDs on this model.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

It seems to be that Corsair keep releasing slightly different iterations of the same thing. Why? They all seem to roughly perform the same.

I'm happy with my H80i regardless.

11. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

I have a be quiet dark rock pro and that seems fine. The only way I would upgrade is if I could get something much cooler with same tiny volume.

12. SchizoFrog

LMAO... 'tiny volume'?

Quote taken from Bit-Tech's review of the Dark Rock Pro:
    'Weighing in at 1,178g and measuring 165mm from the CPU contact plate to its top, the Black Rock Pro may struggle to fit in some cases. With a depth of 147mm, it dominates any build. '

Tags: Add Tags