1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Corsair K90 or K70?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chrisc1277, 28 Aug 2013.

1. chrisc1277

chrisc1277 Minimodder

Morning

Im at the point now where I just cant decide whether to get the K70 or the K90 and im looking for a little bit of a push.

I recently found myself in the magical store at scan, where I saw the gorgeous silver and blue backlit corsair mechanical keyboards. I instantly fell in love with it, but at the time, decided to go away and think about it.

At first it was a choice out of the K70, K90 and the K95, but decided the black board with white backlight didn't do it for me as much.

The K90 is cheaper but not fully mechanical, (as long as the main keys are im sure I wont mind) I think its the price that's attracting me the most. Its supposed to be for MMO's and RTS. I play a lot of RTS's but I cant see the benefit of the programmable keys if im honest...? One of the reasons im thinking about a new keyboard is to treat myself and use with the up coming Rome 2 (which im extremely excited about).

Also has the issue with the keys been sorted? ive read there has been some issues with keys repeating themselves?

The K70 is more expensive, but smaller. and fully mechanical.

the K90 to me is essentially just a longer version of the K70.

I know theres a mechanical keyboard thread, but I found myself trawling so far through it all but not finding anything related to this.

Help me out guys. I cant make up my mind and its starting to annoy me :D

Cheers

Last edited: 28 Aug 2013
  2. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I had both and honestly I would go with my k70 every time. Everything about it is better except the extra keys. Unless you going to use those macros keys go for the k70

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

3. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I own a K70. Fantastic piece of kit. No gimmicks or things to go wrong. Just a solid, reliable and very well built keyboard.

Last edited: 28 Aug 2013
  4. chrisc1277

chrisc1277 Minimodder

cheers guys. 2-0 to the K70. so the K70 it is. bought and been delivered tomorrow. Cheers again.