1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows counter strike: source: worst game ever?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jordan Wise, 10 Mar 2008.

1. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

counter strike source: worst game ever, how very dare you, im outraged to hear you diss my fav game even if i am crap at it

2. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

what do you expect coming late to the party....
    if waiting for respawning is annoying you stop rushing or find a game that is more deathmatch basedl...

3. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

you seem to be a noob who hasn't played online shooters much. It takes a while to find a decent server!

4. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Yeah, this is why I'm excited about Battlefield Heroes. Casual, and it'll match you with your skill level. :rock:

5. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

Call of duty 4 is much better :)

6. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

hmmm just proves that the mmo that i used to play was crap then

7. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

Purrlease. About 3-4 hours a day for the past two years? thats easily over 2000 hours gameplay. Damn, i need a girlfriend....

And for those who have been vouching for COD4? awesome singleplayer, but the multiplayer is a complete mess. All that streamlined slick action they had in the singleplayer was just chucked out of the window. Its just a mess of grenades and launchers, totally sloppy. I'm not going back to that until they get rid of maytrdom perk, it completely spoils it. And yes, multiplayer games can be slick, look at tf2, so perfectly refined, even from release. There's not one single poorly thought out obstacle or open space in any of the maps

8. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

For CoD4 play on the Hardcore servers, much more fun.
    Same goes for your CS:S experience, try and find some decent servers.

9. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

HERESY!!!!!

we must rip off his armor and brand him, then NOT give him arbiter armour!
    I know thats halo, just felt like using it lol.

How can you say CS:S is a bad game? its like saying pr0n is bad!!
    Maybe you dislike it, but dont tag it as the worst game ever!

CS:S is a long-time fav, and will always be.

If you dislike waiting, why dont you play on a gametype without waiting?
    Also, look for some good servers, like EvilSmurf, or Titties -n- Beer

10. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Are UK2 n00b servers still around?

I used to love going on there, stacking up a k:d of like 10:1 and getting booted by the policing system. So funny.

11. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

1.6 is where it's at.

12. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

1.6 is still much much better than source.

Shame my STEAM wont stay connected for more than 3minutes...had the problem for 2 years now and have given up buyign steam products because of it.

13. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I hate soundpacks, hence the line "cl_downloadfilter nosound" or something similar in my config :).

14. eeevan

eeevan Dremel Master

RAHHRRRR!!!!!!!

Amen to that.

<rant>

To put it very plainly, CS:S (or any other CS for that matter) is a very unforgiving game towards non-hardcore gamers. CS is a very unique game where skill and skill alone determines how much enjoyment you will get out of it. It's a game with a very steep learning curve, where until you invest a few years of your life getting good at it, chances are you'll be spectating more than actually playing.

Not to be cruel, but don't hate on a game just because you can't keep up the more experienced players. Isn't it blatantly obvious that a game thats been around in one form or another for almost 10 years is going to be restrictive to new players. Counter-Strike is essentially a proving ground for experienced FPS players to bring to the table all the skill they've accumulated over the years, and compete against equally skilled players.

Now don't act like a little rick, bitching and whining that CS is the "worst game ever" just because you apparently suck at shooters. Go buy yourself a console you fool - people like you should be banished from PC Gaming.

Jesus.
    :wallbash:

</rant>

15. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

It's 'coz you suck nub.

16. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

It's that attitude right there that keeps people from wanting to play CS, or even try online gaming at all. A lot of people have an image of gamers as self rightious pricks and you're hardly doing anything to dispell that notion.

CS* may not be the worst game ever, in fact I rather enjoyed CZ, but it certainly seems to have the most obnoxious, self important, and generally childish user base.

17. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

QFT!

1.6 is still one of the most fun shooters out there, best part is I can run it on any half-way modern computer.

18. BlueTrin

BlueTrin What's a Dremel?

If you are willing to learn it is quite a good tactical game when you play in a clan ...
    My biggest gripe with this game is that it was so popular that alot of FPS could not compete in terms of player base, and it was aimed at the masses of semi-casual gamers, although pros did compete after (well pros will always compete in popular games anyway).

If you want some tips:
    • Try to NOT shoot continuously, but in bursts or single shots unless deadly close
    • If you strafe, try to shoot at the time where your char is changing directions (i.e. immobile compared to the map)
    • Do NOT shoot while jumping unless deadly close
    • Practice instant shooting (shoot by instinct) and ALWAYS aim for upper body or the head
    • Try to see the accuracy with every weapon
    • The SIG and the 2 firsts Counter assault rifles are the most noob friendly
    • Try to go for assault rifle if you have the money
    • Buy armor if you can afford and learn to buy very quickly or bind keys to buy ...
    • Now it is no use to snipe without zooming, UNLESS you are against the guy and have no other choice.

IMHO the game is fairly overrated though ...

19. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

You seem to be under the assumption that FPS are all the same, and that being good at one (BF2, a large team-based shooter with vehicles) will make you good at any other, (CS:S, small-squad tactical infantry).

This assumption is false, and as others have pointed out, bloody stupid.

20. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I thought CS was over ages ago after 1.5? or even 1.3?

CS Source was trying to be something else which never really caught the attention of the old hardcore gamers. You guys think the cheating problem is bad? I live in Hong Kong, near door to China and I can log on Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese servers and ****. THEY ALL HACK.

Anyway, why don't you guys try other HL2 mods such as ... (I know I've pimped this game several times in the past but I have to do this...) INSURGENCY www.insmod.net. If you do end up playing look for Steamfriends or Steamgamers in US West. Surprisingly I manage to play with 200 ping :p

Tags: