1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CPU Fan Does Not Spin

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by dryrice, 7 May 2010.

1. dryrice

dryrice Zestious Knight

Hi all i just finished building my budget rig and im using the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev 2 on my cpu but when i boot up the PC the fan moves slightly and then stops again. I have been trying to look so hard in the bios to see if i need to change anything but i am useless at that.

The old intel stock fan spins fine but im not going to use that crap. My mobo is a ASUS P5B-V AiLifestyle Series - Motherboard - ATX - iG965 - LGA775 Socket

If anyone knows how i can get the cpu fan running again that would be great! :)

2. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

the fan won't spin up until it's needed.

So if it's a low speed dual core CPU in a well ventilated case it may take a while to spin up.

In some bios's you can set up a fan speed profile.
    You'd have to go and check the asus website for the latest mobo manual an see for your self.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The option will probably be in with the temperature monitoring etc. I think on Asus boards it's under "Power".

4. Andersen

Andersen Brain for hire

Disable "CPU Q-Fan control" in BIOS, should be under Power menu. Thats how it goes with Asus P5Q Pro but should be the same for your mobo.

5. wormy

wormy Minimodder

and check that nothing is blocking the blades lol I had that 'problem' (ie I'm a div) with my Titan Fenrir. There was a stray cable in the way (not easy to route everything neatly in an Antec 300, though I've done a better job now).

6. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I'd go for the fan being knackered option on this 1. I've never come across a board that will not constantly have the fan spinning, even if it is slowly. I also agree with wormy as well, all things worth checking. With things like Q fan , the fan will spin up when the temps rise, but it should'nt ever stop.