1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Create a local domain?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aman, 15 Sep 2007.

1. Aman

Aman New Member

Hey guys i am working on a project for school and i was wondering if there is any way to create www.amandeep1.com or something similar on my computer and just for my computer so when i access internet from my computer and i type in www.aman.com on my computer it checks for the index file on my computer.. I need this for a video i am making..

2. Arthur2Sheds

Arthur2Sheds Jackson

Not quite sure what you're getting at, but it sounds like you want to edit your hosts file to point that address to your localhost.

3. Aman

Aman New Member

yes that is exactly what i want.. so instead of putting an ip adress i should just put "localhost'? or is there a local ip adress i can use?

4. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss New Member

localhost is 127.0.0.1

go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open the hosts file in textpad. Add in an entry for
    Code:
    127.0.0.1           www.aman.com
    leave the localhost entry in there, save and give it a go. I tried it for a laugh, it works but wanted to authenticate to the machine with the guest account and wouldn't let me change the user for whatever reason...

Tags: