1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossfire x1900gt and x1950gt?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by AFX, 9 Oct 2008.

1. AFX

AFX "Bling" Silver Mountain 2

I have a x1900 gt and i know that with 2 of them and a CrossFire Xpress 3200 chipset you can do software crossfire. My question is if i have a Asus p5b deluxe mobo with the P965 chipset (asus states it supports crossfire) and get a x1950gt(has crossfire ribbon connector) to pair with my x1900gt(does not have crossfire ribbon connector) can i do the software crossfire?

Sorry if that was confusing but any help would be great.

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

No you cant crossfire them, the 1950 has the tech built into the actual chip whilst the older 1900 needs a master card. TBH its a wast of time trying to crossfire on a 965 board as the secondary connection will be running at X4 not x8, its a limitation with the chipset.

Your best bet is to get a P45 board and the get newer cards to crossfire as all the most recent ATi cards come crossfire compilable.

3. AFX

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I just bought a Ford explorer and was hoping to be cheap and not spend much to get some more FPS. So i will just just have to wait for now.

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Just buy a HD4850, im pretty sure it will nearly double your power you have at the moment, even with crossfire.

5. AFX

Well last night i found a 4850 on ebay listed as "ATI Performance video card" and all they had in the listing is that they pulled it out of a Gateway FX and then showed a picture of it. since it was so poorly listed I got it for 56$US. So hopefully within the the next few days it shows up in the post.