1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crossover Games for Mac

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 Apr 2008.

1. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

seems interesting. I have got quite good at tweeking wine though so will probobly never use this.

2. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

So this is like Cedega - but actually giving back to the wine dev's?

Its always been a bit sad that the cedega guys do quite a lot of work, but they cant benefit from the better/newer wine, and vica versa

3. _ViC_

_ViC_ What's a Dremel?

Sadly, the two games I need most atm - Oblivion and EverQuest 2 - won't go with CrossOver. I never tried Oblivion because one of CrossOver's crew stated it won't run, but EQ2 gave me a pause. The game was released in 2005 and still modern day wrapper has trouble running most of the shader effects, while delivering major performance hit.

My 40$ are staying with me for now.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

plug into a mac any standard computer mouse and you will see it work... as if by magic....

5. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

Also apparently Cider is somewhat crackable too, allowing you to play other EA titles, (I think someone got NFS: Underground 2 to work) Old as it is, it's still a pretty amazing feet, gonna have to give Crossover ago, been boot camping for BF2 and portal the past few months but this looks a lot nicer :)

Two finger tap?
    :p

6. Valo

Valo Minimodder

i've had pretty bad experience with Cross Over - most old games I tried it with did not work. Today I have checked out Crossover Games for mac and tried to run 2 old games - airline tycoon (win 95 anyone?) and midtown madness 2. The former one did not launch, the latter had buggered up menus and gameplay was veeery slow :/ Will try some steam based games later this week

7. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

Great read Brett, after being told to stay away from this I have taken th plunge and it all appears to be working, am installing the original Half Life now!

8. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

Did someone just say TF2 running on my Mac desktop??

*click*buy*

EPIC WIN

9. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

Wow, spot the two post-Bit Mac media whores here in the comments :D

10. FaSMaN

FaSMaN What's a Dremel?

If this can get system shock 2 to run on linux Ill eat my own shorts,its hellisly unstable on both vista and xp but if I can get it working on linux ill purchase this package and give a donation to wine ;P

Last edited: 23 Apr 2008
  11. FaSMaN

FaSMaN What's a Dremel?

double post sorry...

Last edited: 23 Apr 2008
  12. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

does anyone know what the difference is between crossover games and crossover windows is? had a quick look on their site, and there seems to be two: crossover mac and crossover windows. At the moment i'm only really fussed about a really old emulator i found for a game i used to play about 10 years ago...addiction all over again! however, no doubt BF2 HL2 etc on mac without bootcamp would be massively nice.

13. Cavedweller

Cavedweller What's a Dremel?

Midtown Madness was buggy as hell on PC as well...

I wonder how this will do on a 2.4Ghz Penryn standart MB?

14. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Great desktop wallpaper in the screen captures. I sometimes run the same one on my PC. I won't mention the actual originating website for that particular wallpaper right now because I don't know if any copyright rules apply. I'm thinking none, since I had downloaded it from the free samples area though.

15. FaSMaN

FaSMaN What's a Dremel?

I did some testing on the linux version(fedora 8):

System Shock2: Randomly freezes at speech,only works in winxp mode,didnt try 2000 mode,98 mode just kicks out,updated to latest version
    Black and white 2: Kicks out at loading screen,might be bad bottle didnt test again
    Vampires the masquerade bloodlines: Plays better than it ever did on my pc and everything set to full on crappy 7600gt (latest updates ;) )

16. glimpee

glimpee What's a Dremel?

I need some help
    I downloaded crossover a while ago and i havn't used it in a while and now all the games i try to run that i used crossover on no longer work and crossover says my support period is over
    please if you know the answer then please email me at
    glimpee@yahoo.com

Tags: Add Tags