1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crysis 2 PC demo released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Mar 2011.

1. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I was going to say the same. Maybe the technical issues can be addressed, basically everything console about it, but I don't have much hope.

The real issue is that game mechanics and design choices just reak of being made to fit it to the console. There was nothing wrong with the old suit modes mechanic, as it gave people a lot more choice. Now they have taken out the speed and strength mode, meaning you can't run without wasting energy, even if you want to do an unassited sprint, and you can't make use of the decreased recoil when using strength. I also doubt you can grab enemies and use them as shields in C2.

Finally, since it doesn't get any real discussion, I don't know how I am going to find the move to NY. While I am sure it will offer some awesome oppurtunities for scripted events, it is not going to have nearly as much "Wow!" factor as the jungle. Sneaking through the jungle in Crysis made you feel like the frickin' predator, which is always awesome. Now it just looks like CoD in NY. And I can't help but think that is exactly why they chose to move to a city, to copy CoDs style of lots of scripted events making you feel like you are in a bigger world than you are.

Add the fact the multiplayer is literally a copy paste of CoD:MW's kill streaks, and a meagre unlock selection (at least rip off the latest CoD for Christ's sake), and the comparison between this and CoD become impossible to ignore.

2. Donteatmypanda

Donteatmypanda What's a Dremel?

Found the Crysis 2 beta is great fun to play - brought me back to the days of timesplitters and goldeneye.

I too feel disappointment with what is so far a lack of evidence for dx10/11 so as a graphics fiend i'm fairly excited to see how she goes as a final product fully realised by my current pc hardware.

I reckon crysis 1 was inspired by the 1986 Predator film with it's inclusion of invisibility, dense jungle and aliens so I think crytek now want to make their own version of predator 2. SP looks great!

3. morkfromork

morkfromork Minimodder

Lol to derail it also. Cheers mate. At least someone else is as okd as me and remembers who it was.

4. Spuzzell

Spuzzell What's a Dremel?

I have passed the test.

I have shown myself worthy.

Days of countless micro knife cuts of no host connection, the slowly mounting nausea of endless sessions dropped and the gut wrenching agony of never-ending countdown loops have been endured.

My endless wandering in the arid, desolate wastelands of bleak despair, never deviating from the true path of fervent, adoring faith has finally brought me to this beautiful place, and shown me joy of unimaginable proportions.

I have played two and a bit rounds of Crysis 2 multiplayer, and it's alright.

Then I got booted again and now apparently its not working for anyone.

This is the best advert for Battlefield 3 I can think of.

5. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Well I still dunno what you guys are crying about, yes it's completely different to Crysis Multi player. I dunno if it's because I'm winning/doing well or that I've never had a problem joining games or what, but I like it.

6. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

I spent 30 mins trying to start a game but, alas, I came to no avail.

Q_Q

7. sausages

sausages What's a Dremel?

I didn't even get the demo. Life is good.

8. Andy001z

Andy001z What's a Dremel?

Just finished playing Crysis 2 demo for the PC. Apart from the lush looking environments it felt to me as if I had stepped back in time and was playing a game of Unreal Tournament. What happened to the nice environments CRYTEK the stuff I could blow up. Frankly I hope this does not reflect the SP mode or it will be a sad day for Crysis fans!

To sum it up: Disappointing but fun.

OH and as a PC user I want to know what HARDCORE settings means please CRYTEK!!!

9. sausages

sausages What's a Dremel?

It means you can only use that setting if you play 14 hours a day, and you are this guy:

[​IMG]

10. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I didn't have any issues and i didn't notice the auto aim if there was one? It played fine, I like the crash zone mode (I dominate it) and I'm pretty good as a gunner.

All in all, not that bad of a game, but if I got it, I would turn off motion blur, makes it soo much harder to see, and the team colors aren't different enough? white and tan? really?

11. tupera

tupera What's a Dremel?

Downloaded it, watched the trailer, got C2D twice when trying to enter a game...another fine game for the PC market by EA!!!

12. morkfromork

morkfromork Minimodder

Finally managed to get a couple of games last night. Overall the game looks very nice. The detail is good. That said it did not feel much diffrent to the old crysis. The server joining menu seems to be similar to what they had before and as we know that was always a bit buggy.
    Maybe i was looking for something that made me go wow thats amazing not sure. The demo most certiantly did not but maybe the full game will.

Will have to think about weather i will part with my hard earned for the game.

13. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

That guy looks like a child molester........He scares me =(

Tags: Add Tags