1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 2 "Vanilla" textures

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by xaser04, 20 Jan 2012.

1. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Hi all.

I just want to query something quickly regarding the texture quality in the vanilla version of Crysis 2.

I was testing my HD7970 OC stability in Eyefinity on Crysis 2 and noticed that the textures in certain areas weren't just poor they were down right terrible. (I am talking specifically about the blocky looking textures roughly half way down on the right side in the picture below).

Is the following texture quality "normal" for Crysis 2 without the texture mods?

[​IMG]

Test settings were as follows:

[​IMG]

Please note the pictures were originally 3560x1920 and resized by Photobucket so some of the clarity has been lost in the scaling.

Perhaps its because I am running such a high resolution but I never noticed textures this bad on the PS3 version (which I also have).

In some areas the blockyness is much worse, its almost like playing HL1 in software rendering mode with the complete lack of texture filtering.

Last edited: 20 Jan 2012
  2. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

the motion blur tends to hide most of the poor textures. If you zoom in it will look pretty poor anyway.

3. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Ah I run with motion blue completely disabled - makes me feel physically sick.

The thing is though I am only zoomed in down the gun sites in the first picture.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Question - bought Crysis Maximum Edition from Origin for £5 - thought it was worth a punt at that price.

I also downloaded the High Res Texture pack.

However, it won't let me install, and asks that I update to version 1.9

Does anyone know if the HRTP is compatible with the Maximum Edition from Origin, or if the ME already ships with the HRTP or something?

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

HRTP needs patch 1.9 which iirc is an X64 patch only.

the option to enable DX11 and HRTP should be in the video options if its been successfully installed

6. October

October Mariachi Style

I bought the Maximum Edition from Steam, it has the high res pack installed by default on my machine (x64).