1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crysis updates from CES

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 10 Jan 2007.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

This game is going to rule. I wonder if my current gaming rig will be adequate for medium-high settings.

BTW, "Discuss this article" link directs to News Discussion thread, not this topic.

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Once again, my sanity is being questioned by co-workers as I sit at my desk grinning from ear to ear over a computer game...

It must be a big compliment to the developers on this game that so many people are quite literally planning their next big computer upgrade based on the releace date of this game...

4. l.moore

l.moore What's a Dremel?

the one thing i really want to see in this game, is the way the environment reacts as you move or shoot through it. i have waited so long to see something like this in a computer game. This game will be special and I for one cannot *ookin' wait.

:)

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

6. will.

I'm doing pretty much the same as that. Might steal some of the ideas in fact :p

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

This gane redefies what a game is, this hopefully will be the new bench mark in game development

Sam

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

woohooo!!!!! i wanna play this now now now!!! :)

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

10. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

jebus, this game just get better everytime I see new stuff about it. Cannot wait for this!

11. will.

No it doesn't.... It doesn't re-define. It wont be changing the definition. It will just be expanding on the current one. There isn't anything breathtakingly new. There is just innovation on existing ideas. It will be a new benchmark, but only in graphical prowess.

12. saeghwin

saeghwin What's a Dremel?

I wonder what hardware was being used in that video. There were definitely some major frame slowdowns, but hopefully it's just an optimization issue that needs to be worked out.

13. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

8800 GTX and core 2 duo's apparently

14. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

its just far cry with better graphics tho :confused: . i think maybe im losing the want to play video games any more.. its just your generic walk around shoot things game, but in a forest instead of a multitude of rooms. i dunno, maybe its just me

15. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Dunno if I would say that, jsut because they made Far Cry doesn't mean this will be the same. The whole body suit mechanic in itself makes the gameplay a lot different from Far Cry, and the level of destructibility on the environment and buildings opens up a lot of new oppertunities with which to get things done.

I think it will much more than Far Cry with pretty graphics, but seems like some people jsut need to bash anything with good graphics now.

Tags: Add Tags