1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSS beta now general release

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Rogan, 23 Jun 2010.

1. TheDoctor

TheDoctor So what seems to be the problem?

Christ, I guess things are gonna be a bit different when I decide to come back and play again then.....
    Gonna have to download all the various updates (and not just steam) etc so my connection is gonna take some hammer lol

But I do have to be honest and say I haven't missed playing the last 5/6 months though, just the banter with the usual regs

2. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

ok so good news you can turn the achievements popup off but whats with the name change faggotry someone fill me in here given how in frequently i've changed my name over the years

3. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

still works for me, although i've heard people have been vac'd from it which seems crazy.. so i'm still waiting for official word. Just something you put in the addon folder so you can change your name via console or multiplayer> advanced.
    Then again it is 2 years old and has been continuously used in tf2 dod;s etc with no bans,

4. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

i was just unaware they made it so you can't change your name, what's the point of that?

5. Tuned#F_A_F

Tuned#F_A_F What's a Dremel?

The name is now tied to your Steam name, just as in TF2 and DOD:S. You can still change it, but you have to go into Steam to do so.

It's no biggie, but a plus side is I don't join the server, see half a dozen "Hi Kev"s and think "who the f**k are all these people? :S "

6. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Since the update I'm getting major graphic problems and an error saying 'Failed to load vertex buffer' mid game (or something to that tune - i'm not in front of it at the moment)

Anyone else having similar issues?

7. Green-Hornet

Green-Hornet I am Green and I Sting

Are you using a laptop, or a dell with ATi graphics?

There would appear to be a problem that spans far beyond the update and I think it is as far back as 2004 for this particular problem. A normal restart solves some problems, otherwise you have to go to regedit.
    I would make sure all your drivers are up to date

8. format

format What's a Dremel?

I don't seem to have a crosshair on the update :/

9. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

cl_crosshair 1
    cl_crosshairscale 768

10. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Nope a self built machine with a 7800GTX doing the graphics. Seems to be alright since steam updated itself the other day though :)