1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Custom case build (unnamed concept)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by arkane, 5 Jun 2016.

?

Should I post a project log?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. arkane

arkane What's a Dremel?

Hello,

I'm from Maldives and it's not the best country to get computer parts or chase a passion for gaming. But I used to be a hardcore gamer a while back, and now with work and studies I don't get much time for gaming.

Gaming is a thing of the past for me, but I am a graphics and interior designer as well.

So I had this inspiration to build a custom case which will be used as a HTPC and also for moderate gaming. No overclocking or liquid cooling.

My case design is inspired by Tenuis 1 and 2 by G-Tek, its been a few years since i have wanted to make it happen even though it wont be the most efficient gaming system, will be more of a decorative piece which happens to let me play the latest games. Here are the specs in my mind:

* GPU: ASUS ROG Poseidon GEFORCE® GTX 980
    I already got this one as a gift from a friend, it's brand new and I want to work with this without buying a different card.

* Processor: Intel i7 6700K Skylake
    The latest intel chip to my knowledge that performs best with the price tag.

* Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Impact III
    The design idea is a slim system so it has to be an mITX motherboard and I like ASUS ROG line, if you can give me a better idea, I'm open for suggestions.

* CPU cooling: Noctua L9i
    It's a low-profile CPU fan with a small form factor which will the case very well. The only problem with this will arise if I don't ventilate my case properly. Please suggest if I have a better option.

* PSU: SilverStone 600W 80 Plus Gold Modular SFX
    Chose this one because its one of the few PSU that offer 600w output with an SFX form factor. To my knowledge, Silverstone's PSUs are pretty good. Again I'm open to suggestions.

So those are the parts plus a couple of cooler master fans which I will use to maintain cool airflow through out the case. The layout of the parts will be arranged so that the fans of GPU, PSU and CPU cooler will be facing ventilation towards the back of the case. I already have a 256gb SSD and a 1 TB HDD in my old system so I'm planning to use them. Also haven't decided on the memory (which the old system's 8gb might suffice)

Anyways, pardon me if I might have said a stupid things or have missed out on crucial information for I am not very educated in this field which is why I'm posting in this forum in the first place. I just want experts' opinions and suggestions towards my idea. If you checkout Tenuis 1 and 2 by G-tek, you might have a basic idea of what I want.

I will be posting a couple of concept art to give a better idea of the design I have in mind.

Thanks in advance. :)