Other Custom PC Website

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr_Mistoffelees, 2 Feb 2024.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Does anyone know what going on with the above, no new content in more than 2 months? I sent them a tweet (should that be a twix now?) but, no answer.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I haven't spoken to Ben since the magazine folded, but by the look of things the Custom PC brand is being retired - it's all being posted under the PCGamesN brand now. I guess the new owners decided to consolidate.

That was what everyone figured would happen when Hexus' owner bought Bit-Tech, interestingly - but it never did.

End of an era - again!

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

So the lack of an answer to a tweet, is likely because there is nobody there any more. Another one bites the dust...

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yup. Ben's still writing, at least, and clicking on a few other articles it looks like Ed's there too. Don't recognise any of the other names, though. Weirdly, neither are listed on the PCGamesN About Us page.

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Ben as in Hardwidge and Ed as in Chester? They're both listed on that page.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Are they? Couldn't see 'em when I looked earlier - must need to clean my glasses!

EDIT:
    That page is completely different to when I looked earlier: everyone had pixel art profile pictures and neither Ben nor Ed were listed.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Isitari, BeauchN, Byron C and 3 others like this.