1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster D4+loose tubes= :(

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Rekarp, 9 Mar 2005.

1. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

After removing my parts since I was modding the case, I hooked it up on a mobo box and filled the system. I leaked tested it for a day and i turned it on. Well after about 10 minutes the tube connected to my video card popped off :duh: . The motherboard let out some screaming tho the speaker and i unpluged it. So basicly about half my loop was dumped on my soundcard and lower motherboard. I took all the parts apart and poured some Rubbing Alcohol on the parts. So far ive tested the psu, ram, cpu, HD, and CD-rom and they are ok. Tomarrow i will test the rest of the parts to see if they are ok.

To my surprise no sparks were thrown and the computers fans were still running at the time of disconnection. So im hoping everything will be ok since i caught it fast enough. :sigh:

2. XTS Gun

XTS Gun What's a Dremel?

Dang im sorry to hear that, I just got mine running first with a temp Arrowhead water then went to Distilled water, what water were you using anyway?

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I feel for you, seen it happen to a friend, he almost cried as he watched his motherboard start to fry..

[​IMG]

How, apropriate my nice new smiley/icon seems to be at this moment.

4. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

:hehe:
    Good one will! :thumb:

5. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

well this morning i fired up the mobowith only the vid card, memory, and cpu and i got a post :clap: . Put when i stuck a card in the pci slot it would only turn on :waah: . After removing the card it wouldnt post. :sigh: Right now im testing the sound card and Wifi card on anoughter machine to see it they are ok. Looks like im getting a new mobo.

Can anyone recommend a good Matx mobo under $50. I had this Board . Im thinking of gettin the same one if i cant find one that has better overclocking or features.

just tested the Audgity Sound card and it works :clap: !!

Wifi Card works :clap:

So it seems the mobo went up :blah:

Will may i borrow that :D

I was using distilled water with 10% anti-freeze dam that stuff was annoying to clean up.

Well I tried to boot it again and i got a post. I tried to boot into safemode but it frooze half way. Maybe its still a little damp and its ok. Ill wait about 2 hours and try agian

Last edited: 9 Mar 2005
  6. DarkInferno

DarkInferno Minimodder

Give it a good ten minutes with a hairdryer too... Just to be on the safe side... (I have to deal with wet PCB's/Electronics/Electrics with my work and I found a hairdryer can work wonders.)

7. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Tbh i would've used de-ionised water, tests show distilled water leaves loads of crap in the blocks.

8. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

a little update. I can now boot past post :clap: . But it wont load Win XP. In safemode it goes to Mup.sys. After some research its related to the pci bus. I took all my cards out but it still hangs there. So ethier my pci slots or controller are still wet or its buggered

9. fantastic dan

fantastic dan Minimodder

Unlucky man, but you should at least be glad that a lot of your stuff survived as it did.

10. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

DAng thats why you alwase run a leak test WITHOUT your electronics inside your computer...almost every book I have read about water cooling alwase says fill the system up and place it on a newspaper for at last like 3 days and in intervals of 12 hours change the shape of the setup so if it leaks yet dries the paper will stain and you can fix it before it leaks again.

11. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

i did leak test it for 24 hours. Motherboard it dead for sure tho :sigh:

12. Gascan1888

Gascan1888 What's a Dremel?

why not go with ASUS they are cheap and have good overclocking :rock:

13. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

because they are more expensive and i need 3 ram slots.

14. B£AST

B£AST What's a Dremel?

Worth the money though!!!

I have had a line of asus mobos and have beaten and battered them so much and they have never let me down. :rock: :rock: ROCK ON ASUS!!

15. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

good news Every component lived :D
    I decided to try the old motherboard again and it booted to windows and was stable :eyebrow: .

bad news is now i have two of the same motherboard but one cpu :duh:

I could return it but the hassle of shipping it back to Newegg is to much.

16. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

can i see another project coming along :idea:

17. Stuntman

Stuntman Minimodder

wow... that is some damn luck you got there. hahahaha! Awesome!

18. Pezboy

Pezboy What's a Dremel?

This is exactly the reason I've steered clear of watercooling. It just seems like a bad idea putting a half gallon of water in the same space with hundreds of dollars worth of electronics. What happened to that water that wasn't water stuff. I saw them actually dunk a television in it and it would continue displaying while submerged. Anyway, congratulations man. That was lucky. I think I'd stick with the new one though, just to be safe.

19. H311R4153R

H311R4153R What's a Dremel?

Good for you everything is working again. I have the same problem with two mobo's and only one cpu :sigh: .

20. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

yeah im going to use the new one for now. im just getting some ideas what to do with the old one. :idea: