1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Daft Problem: Stuck Window

Discussion in 'Software' started by JazX101, 30 Dec 2006.

1. JazX101

JazX101 What's a Dremel?

Lo! All,
    My apologies for this, as it seems that I have managed to find the single most n00b-ish question possible, and dont seem to have idea how to solve it atall!
    Am running Slimbrowser as an alternative to IE (yuck is all i can say) and have somehow managed to get the visible window (not maximised or minimised, cant think of the correct word for it, my apologies) stuck halfway across my 2 moniters with the title bar off the top of the screen, meaning I cant get my mouse too the title bar to move the window down the screen and resize it to something sensible.
    I can adjust the height and width, but the title bar still manages to stay off the top of my screen. I have also tried the move and size options under the start menu tab, which seem to do nothing atall.
    Would really appreciate any suggestions, or solutions! This is making me feel thicker than jellied custard.
    Many thanks
    Jaz_knos

2. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

does closing it and re-opening it just put it in the same place? assuming you can right click on the name in the taskbar?.

also if you were to use ultramon you can right click and choose send to monitor. so if theres no other way you could try that out

3. JazX101

JazX101 What's a Dremel?

SOLVED! Stop looking at my n00b-ish-ness now!!

Lo! All,
    Have figured something out: just completly uninstall the entire of Slimbrowser, thus getting rid of the settings that tell it to park in a stupid place, re-install and it pops up all nice and happy in the middle of my primary monitor, yay!
    Jaz_knos
    ps tried using nview to assign it to monitors, just moved it to the same off screen place on the other monitor.

4. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I had a similar problem with a window in photoshop, learn the keyboard commands to move windows about :)

5. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

If you can see the url box you can enter a javascript command to position the browser window.
    Code:
    javascript:window.resizeTo(300,300);window.moveTo(30,50);

Works in IE7, a bit oddball in Firefox. :confused: Maybe I've forbidden javascript to mess with the window size.

Tags: