1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Dark Souls : Prepare to Die Edition (PC)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jedra, 24 Aug 2012.

1. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I think FROM should be commended. The fan-base asked and they delivered. I can't think of many (if any) developers who have or would do the same thing. They were admitting from the start they knew nothing of PC development and said "This is going to be a striaght port" so we all pretty much knew what we were getting into from the start.

Plus, the PC version is only $40 which (at least in the states) is 80% the cost of a normal AAA release. I have the PS3 version, I have the PC version. The new contnet is amazing and it will still be another month or so until the console versions get it. I am a very happy gamer.

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

My point with this is that nowhere in their marketing did they say this - if they had I probably would have just re-bought it for the PS3. Commendable as their actions may have been towards the fans, it certainly was not advertised as anything but a professional full release. Also at £29.99 this is a full price PC game. Look at the Store Page on Steam and let me know where it says that this is just a port and that they (the developers) don't know much about PC development.

If they were being so honest about it, it should have been a free or discounted download from their own web-page.

I really do not mind being an alpha or beta tester and paying for the privilege, as long as I am doing it with full knowledge.

For me it was £30 wasted as it does not work as it should on my setup.

3. King Roo

King Roo What's a Dremel?

It looks like an alight game tbh

4. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

Quality game. Plays just like the console version. Have to admit I'm extremely disappointed with the arena. It could've been amazing but as of now it's garbage. Here's why:

-Connection issues galore

-The only mode anyone plays is 1v1 duel

-No incentives (you got no prizes for winning, only a win added to your streak)

-The "leaderboards" are a complete joke. Longest STREAK?? REALLY???? Hackers make this stat utterly meaningless.

-Set-up of the matches sucks. For 1v1 duels, it's a 3 min deathmatch...most kills wins. However, this is inspiring cheap tactics. Often times people will kill their opponents once and spend the rest of the match running away, dodging attacks, or turtling with their shield until time expires. Why they couldn't do a simple "best 2 out of 3" is beyond me

Like I said, rest of this game is fantastic, but the arena is bat-sh!t