1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 DC Universe Online

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JPClyde, 20 May 2012.

1. JPClyde

JPClyde What's a Dremel?

Anyone else playing or have played this game and what do you think of it?

Can be either the PS3 or PC version.

For me playing on the PS3, I think the game was rushed and released incomplete, like there could have been more controls even for the PS3 like camera zooming, or the way you can pass an enemy for them to drag you back to them from blocks away.

There is a huge amount of lag, the amount of times I have had to wait for the game to catch up is like playing one of the very first online games. Many times while using super-speed I have got to my objective area only to be killed by invisible enemy as the maps haven't drawn them yet, not to mention that lag seems to cause the sound effects to stutter with big gaps.

The arenas have no ranking, the first one you gain access to is around level 8, but when you play it your up against level 30 players.

The game is too easy for malicious players, you can join their group enter an enemy hideout only for them to disband the group so they can collect the drops.

It's way too small, the game can be capped in less than three days, then you either play the arenas, pvp, etc. or create another character with apart from abilities the missions are exactly the same.

It's no wonder the game became free to play so quickly, normally it's after a couple of yours they turn to FTP. And it's a good job it's free.

This is just some of my gripes about this game, what do you guys think?

2. JPClyde

JPClyde What's a Dremel?

I can't be the only one playing this game on this forum.....I feel so alone :waah:

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I played it for a couple weeks after it launched on the PC. It was... not a very good game. Basically the same MMO cookie cutter design wrapped in a DC Super Hero paint. I feel your pain.

4. JPClyde

JPClyde What's a Dremel?

I would say half a cookie cutter :p the other half doesn't exist.

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

6. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

My wife and I played a couple of months ago. My impression is that it's too easy with too little content. Once we hit the level cap with a character, we deleted it and started over with a new mentor. After we capped our characters with each mentor (playing the same quests over and over again, in slightly different order), we got bored and moved on.