Other DDR4 and some future headband crap

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xp-T, 22 Aug 2011.

1. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR4_SDRAM

I'm liking the sound of this.

Faster memory and CPU's coming out in 2012-2013. Think of the power we'll have in twenty years.

It's going to be amazing.

http://memebox.com/futureblogger/show/653-quantum-computers-will-transform-our-lives-in-20-years

In the future, i want a nice good old fasioned full tower gaming p.c. Not little men in my head talking to me. You can't show off a computer when it's tiny.

"While boarding the plane, you see a familiar person. Your headband immediately flashes his virtual business card and displays it on your eyes. “Dr. Horton”, you call out. “It’s so nice to see you again. How was the conference”? Only the slightest flicker of Horton’s eyes betrays that he is Googling your details too. “Hello George; the conference was fine and congratulations on your promotion”.

This may sound like science fiction, but it is not. Sony has already patented a system that beams data directly into the brain without implants, and most experts believe this futuristic world will soon become reality.

With our headband, we can speak or think any question, and get an immediate answer. Everyone will have access to something approaching all information all the time. Just consider some of the potential ramifications of unlimited information availability. The necessity to learn languages might disappear. If the devices were cheap enough, and the network truly ubiquitous and global, the economic playing field could be leveled. No more inequality in third-world countries; if information is power, everyone will have it."

Hell no. They are NOT! Looking my details up :grr: no.

http://www.futureofgadgets.com/futureblogger/show/1910-iphone-app-starts-car

"I just stole your car, by hacking your iphone . Thanks viper smart start!"

http://www.futureofgadgets.com/futureblogger/show/1893-incredible-data-visualization-of-the-allosphere

That's just weird.

Last edited: 22 Aug 2011
  2. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

(Edit) Moore's Law... Not impressed or suprised at all, its to be expected. No real new innovations, just the same stuff we've all been using for years but faster. We need a paradigm shift here.

What is slightly more worrisome is stuff like this:

Anyone else think massive advertising shoved right down your throat here?

Last edited: 24 Aug 2011
  3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

You should read Ray Kurzweil's The Singularity is Near. Very interesting, very plausable.

4. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

Yeah but it's good that the hardware it's becoming faster and more advanced. We have 3D and HD now, what about the future?

And the brian thing, hell no. I'm wearing a tin hat.

5. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Umm.. Moore's maybe? ;)

TBH that sounds bloody awful to me. If someone can't even remember my name, I sure as hell don't want him to try and make up any smalltalk just to have something to do in a plane. (EDIT: Come to think of it, if he already googled what I've done and been up to, why bother even asking?)

I also don't think I want anyone fiddling with my brain, not now, not in 20 years. I'm sure there's going to be enough awesome tech by then, but this just isn't it.

6. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

Well my answer is a tin hat and force them to remove our information from their(who ever is going to be supplying these little crap headbands with the data)systems, if we don't want to have anything to do with this crap. We can start a tin hat club now maybe? lol

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yeah you're right. Better start it straight away.

You get in for free and for everyone else willing to join it's £200 for each.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

OCZ has had this tech one (in a very simple form) for years. TED talks had the same stuff, but better.

I'm more interested in cybernetics...

9. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Right yes of course, thanks... that's what I meant lol :rolleyes:

Count me in!

10. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Tin hats won't be enough - with such power we will need lead hats. Encased in concrete.

11. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Back to the original post, why wait 20 years to have little men talking to you in your head. I've had little men in my head talking to me for at least the last twenty years and I can tell you that it's great fun.

12. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

lol I really don't want people messing with my brain and stuff...they can eat me.

Well whatever the hell you need, i'm getting it. My brain, not theirs. They can stay the hell out before I molest kids in my mind -_- won't want to be in there then, will they?

Will do, that's £200 please lmao :D