Other Dead 750 WD Element...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yeahtoast05, 1 Mar 2009.

1. yeahtoast05

yeahtoast05 What's a Dremel?

Forgive me that I'm not quite techonlogy savvy but I'm in a bind and need help with this hunk of junk.

Two days ago I plugged in my external to my laptop to start working on homework and was able to get into my drive but unable to access my files without having it lock up my computer. I restarted and the blue screen of death came up and proceeds to tell me that my disk needs to be analyzed which I proceed to let do, until it starts deleting my files because they are "unreadable". So, I probably made an idiotic move and turned off the computer via power button and restarted. I bypassed the blue screen and was able to get into the drive again, but still had the same problem of the computer freezing up when I tried to access certain files.

Now that I try to get into it tonight, I get three spins and nothing. Neither computer will recognize the drive but the hardware instalation icon pops up and says that it's "running properly".

Main question is... is it possible to be able to get the information off of it or is it a loss cause?

Thanks!

2. Vimesey

Vimesey What's a Dremel?

If it is dead, the data's basically lost unfortuantely

3. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

4. Joekerh

Joekerh Penniless enthusiast