1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dead Space 2 PC to get disability support

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Feb 2011.

1. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I was so angry with death space one. I could not bind my own keys. As a lefthander i play with the arrow keys (right hand) and on the left side of the keyboard i control the mouse. Basically I bought a game and could not play it, I tried but WASD is just not my thing. Then after searching a lot. I found some hex hacks to bind other keys (and now asking for DS2 hack too after 2 years).

And now with part two they are doing the same stupid 'port' mistake like DS one. But now they are so friendly and wonderful because they are going to release a patch. Happy happy joy joy! (enter all angry taunts here)

Seems they forgotten all the angry and furious people in their forums about the non existing key binding options when DS one was released...

And I cant believe people are giving Kudos to the developers for bringing out the patch. This is hilarious its like deja vu all over again.

NOOOO!!!
    They are going to bind it to the Mouse? WTF!

Last edited: 9 Feb 2011
  2. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Very good news to hear

3. vampalan

vampalan What's a Dremel?

Slightly off topic.

I am a right handed person, but having suffered really bad RSI or was it CPS, it just hurts anyways. I learnt to use a mouse with my left hand without changing any of the buttons. The pain is mostly gone now, just need lots of breaks when gaming.

Hand writing on left hand still like a 5 year olds, I found the problem of not being able to see the whole word as my hand covered the letters, and I dont want to write vertically.

So wouldnt a left handed person switching be the similar, just have to retrain yourself?

There's also gaming keypads, if a left handed person is that hung up about asdw?

I know people are born that way, but it not one of "those" issues.

There's a left handed shop on Brewer Street, Central London, not sure if its still there.

4. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

The same problem crops up every time a new game is released. Even TF2 was suffering from the same problems when it started. I'm a lefty so after a while I changed WASD to IJKL. Now the problem was that I wanted to use number keys 7-0 to change weapons but spy's disguise and engineer's build-out buttons could not be changed from default keys 1-9. After some months release a patch was quietly released that corrected the problem.

However, don't get me started on key binding on flash games. The default is always WASD and space for attack/somesuch. Put your right hand on wasd and try to press space. You'll quickly see what the problem is.

5. PlayedStation

PlayedStation Possessed like an apostrophe

What an inspiring person.

6. thil

thil What's a Dremel?

Call me old-fashioned, but isn't custom key-binding as something as basic as having textures?

Jesus, I can imagine what it's going to be like in a few years: "After an overwhelming amount of PC gamer feedback, we will be releasing a patch to enable keyboard and mouse support. We're also considering supporting resolutions other than 720p."

7. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

also, as i'm Belgian, my keyboard is azerty rather than querty. some games correctly adapt themselves, some do not. i have to change my keyboard layout to querty every time i want to play halo2, because it refuses to use 'q' as a movement button. i'm not disabled, i'm no lefty, so no minority, i'm just from a part of the world that does not natively speak english. there: a damn good reason for custom keybinding support.

8. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Isn't there a person on the Bit-tech team or CPC that uses the right shift, . the keys around that area? He damaged his hand when he was younger and never when back.
    I could be wrong though.

Tags: Add Tags