1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death by folding

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Vaio, 6 Apr 2010.

1. Vaio

Vaio What's a Dremel?

I lost my first bits of hardware yesterday. My Coolermaster PSU has failed and has taken one of my Asus Crosshair boards with it. I think the processor is ok but it is going to have to wait til I am in the mood to look at it as I am going to have to organise a funeral now :sigh:

2. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Sorry for your loss.

3. jimbo90210us

jimbo90210us What's a Dremel?

The thoughts of myself and I am sure the rest of the team are with you and your folding family. Hopefully given time and love the CPU, memory, hard drive etc can move on and once again experience the life that they were meant to live (provided the CPU did not die of grief also).

4. Vaio

Vaio What's a Dremel?

The death toll rises. One of the 8800 GS cards has sufffered a failure as well. The other seems to be fine. For once I kept the receipt so that can be replaced with no cost to me :eek:)

I am going to try the processor later when I put the machine back together later.

5. Vaio

Vaio What's a Dremel?

The processor is fine so now I can complete work units with the smp client without it timing out.
    and i've replaced the 8800GS. I didn't lose that many work units so my average hasn't dropped a great deal.
    Panic over for now.