1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Death Knell Sounds for Nullsoft, Winamp

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dad, 11 Nov 2004.

1. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

next release full of adware spybots etc, and then having to pay for the courtesy of not having them on there

think not

R.I.P winamp

(and for those who havent tried 5, it is nothing like 3 just an addon to 2.xx really ;))

2. quack

quack Minimodder

The product formally known as "winamp3" was a terrible mistake, and all AOL's fault really.

Thankfully Nullsoft were able to dump it and go back to the old 2.x Win32 engine and bolt on part of the wasabi code they'd written for 3, and continue where 2.x had left off.

3. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

i dont know why, but this seems important. something has ended here, and it makes me sad.

4. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

Winamp 5 was the perfect marriage of the functionality of Winamp 2 with the awesome form of Winamp 3. Granted, it uses more resources than I'd like, but I do like pretty software.

Anywho, this is a great shame. I am indeed saddened.

List of these "open source players everywhere" anyone?

5. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

I always have and still use winamp 2.xx.

Ive tried so many other media players, and none of them come close to winamp at all.
    I htink media player stinks completely, winamp 3 just destroys what winamp 2.xx is good for.

Winamp is just the danglies, everything you ever wanted, but without the stupid loading times, and hog on resources.

:waah:

6. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

so now we all grab every version available and keep it uner lock and key for the rest of our lives

damn AOL :grr: :miffed:

7. fump

fump What's a Dremel?

ok ok so it was late, long halo session had fried brain :blush: . Im not a great fan of microsoft either but it does the job. i wil say 10 sucks more than 9.

8. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

That's sad, I've been using it since version 1.x :waah:

Tbh it will never die. People will be using it for years, so long as it remains compatible with the latest operating systems.

Heck, I still use version 2 most all the time, and only recently tried 5 because I wanted to try a plugin.

So, I certanly won't be the last to declare: WINAMP FOREVAH :rock:

Tags: Add Tags