1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Dell 2407WFP stopped working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by orb, 25 Apr 2011.

1. orb

orb satisfying.

Hi

I've had a Dell 2407WFP for the past 3 years.. last year the monitor died (wouldn't power up, even after working fine all day, powered down for the night and didn't work since.. guarantee worked great and i got a new one)

However, this problem has appeared again except this time I don't have any guarantee due to it being too old

I went to bed and turned the monitor off as usual, woke up in the morning and nothing, no bangs or flashes or noises, just nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem and has some idea how to fix it? My monitor is REV A04, it seems weird this is the 2nd time its happened to me..

my whole system is supported by a UPS so i doubt surges of current could have anything to do with it..

thanks

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'd contact Dell and see what they say - you have been issued another unit, it should hold up for a little while. You might find they take pity on you and offer a replacement/discounted exchange.

3. derpooch

derpooch What's a Dremel?

Let's get GoodBytes on it ;)

4. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

agree with derpooch! GoodBytes come here please!!

5. orb

orb satisfying.

The problem is I will be contacting Dell France which are not as nice as Dell UK! I had alot of luck before as the monitor died on around the last week of guarantee, even then they didn't want to be doing anything with it

6. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Here in Denmark, when you are send a new unit the guarantee is extended because the guarantee now works for the new unit.

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Sorry guys, not much I can do here. When you turn it on, does the monitor power light indication shows... or it's dead (like if the monitor is not plugged in to the wall)

If it is dead:
    Do you have a REAL power bar, ones that actually protects your electronics against over power, and not simply split the power to multiple plugs? I think that is your problem.
    If nothing can be done with Dell, even after really trying, you can see if you are lucky enough to that the monitor has a fuze that you can replace. You will need to open a part the monitor (nothing to lose, it's already busted and no warranty).

You can try your luck by typing a polite, clear, very detailed e-mail (don't forget to include your full name, address, and full contact information), to Michael Dell, founder of the company:
    http://consumerist.com/2008/11/email-michael-dell.html

8. orb

orb satisfying.

Nothing happens at all when I touch the power the power button

I have a real UPS (battery style?) rather then just a bar.. so when the power cuts out I can still use my electronics