Dell are making some funky cases!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sco0by, 29 Jan 2002.

1. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

I just took delivery of a new Dell P4 at work today, and was pleasantly surprised to find that they have stopped making dull beige boxes: [​IMG]
    Although I got a bit of a shock when I tried to open it up to have a look inside and fit a CDR:
    [​IMG]
    Check the funky hinged case! :eek: Not sure that it makes it any easier to work on but its a clever little bit of engineering ;)

Pretty good value for money too - 800 notes gets you 1.6 GHZ Pentium4, 256MB DDR Ram, 20GIG HDD, DVD, GForce MX 400 64MB GFX card, Soundblaster Live, 17" Monitor, Mouse speakers & keyboard - all in matching black. Way more power than I need for work, but very handy for a quick Quake3 blast at lunchtime :rofl:

2. relix

relix Minimodder

yeah, they're really design PC.

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

they just need a nice black TFT to go with them :D ;)

4. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

plastic all plastic:(

5. BannedMojo

BannedMojo Banned

ARGHHHH THE GREEN IS POLLUTING MY EYES ARGHHHH

6. BannedMojo

BannedMojo Banned

Oh, and I see they didn't stick the P4 case sticker on straight (figures :rolleyes: )

7. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

Im not complaining - work paid for it :D now if I can just convince them to let me order an XP2000+ based system... :rolleyes:

8. sTevE

sTevE What's a Dremel?

My pops has the same system. Its not bad, the clam type of case can be convienent.

9. MentalPhr34k

MentalPhr34k Modding Phr34k

Yeah my folks have the same sys too.... pretty sh*t though, the case is really heavy and hard to work with, aswell as being very tacky and plasticy...... nice system spec tho.........

10. Laff, My folks also bought a Dell, because of that damn commercial.

11. MentalPhr34k

MentalPhr34k Modding Phr34k

yeah i offered to build my folks a system, but they wanted full cover.... tried to tell them they didnt need it with my l33t skillz but they weren't having any of it....... *grins*

12. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

hehe my school seems to have bought loads of those things, all have win XP on and teachers are scred of em lol they have no idea how to use it :rofl: :rofl:

13. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Looooooooooooooooove the way it hinges....

14. relix

relix Minimodder

yeah, in our school they still have Win98 ffs!

and the teacher is so stupid that if we change the wallpaper or screensaver, she has to search for half an hour on how to change it back... ffs! And the security is soooooo low, I could easilly write a program myself to just screw all those PC's up ffs!

15. Caged

Caged What's a Dremel?

Our school still has Win 95 running on P2 266s. You can't really go much lower. Even the couple of new computers they buy have Win95 on them :confused: .

16. The1

The1 What's a Dremel?

Thats nothing until last year my school was still running windows 3.1 !!!!!!!! on old 386s . Now they have got p3 600s on windows 98 or 95 it is really lame, but they do now have a spuer fast kick ass connection but they also have a kick ass filter system so you cant actually use it to download anything.

17. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

yeah well actually u didn't let me finish :) we have like 10 new dells in diff classes, in the 1st pc room they are running about 20 Risc Acorns FFS, they have what 8MB ram if that!? they are ****e, in the other pc room they have about 20 p3 450's but they are pretty bitchy, they have bloody locking software which takes like a minute to work at startup, it won't even let u change the wallpaper! nearly EVERYTHING is stopped by it, i am still trying to screw them up hehe, best way i found was when me mate flicked the lil red switch of death on the back of the psu :D

18. bajastx

bajastx What's a Dremel?

Yeah. The same guy that put that crooked sticker on built the P4 chip. :D