1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delta fan for OC?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dash, 3 Dec 2002.

1. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

Intel 2.4B @ 2.6-2.8
    Asus P4PE MB
    Alpha Pal 8942T HS
    Relaybus 7V & 12V only
    Fan = ?????

Well I am going to oc the 2.4b 400mhz or so and I am getting a alpha pal but I am not sure what fan to get. I want something that will keep it cool when gaming so noise won't be a issue there 12 volt mode and quiet when I am writing reports or studying for finals at night in 7 Volt mode

I was looking at this
    http://store.yahoo.com/directron/ffb0812she.html

but its 48.5 dBA at 12v so how loud will it be at 7v?
    also do you think I am going overboard will the delta on a intel system or should I go with another fan.

:confused:

Thanks for any help

-Dash

Last edited: 3 Dec 2002
  2. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

I would take a look at the Mechatronics 80mm (38dBa, 53cfm) as it seems to be the best compromise between noise and airflow :) though it depends on the sort of overclock you're looking at.

You could probably do fairly well on just a standard Ystech or Antec fan, providing you're not putting too many volts through the cpu.

3. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

I have the 80mm Vantec tornado, which is rated at 55 dBa and its LOUD. We are talkin hairdryer loud. It keeps the CPU cool, but you have to wear headphones to get the full sound immersion in games. I don't have mine 7v modded YET, but plan too. If you won't be doing any SERIOUS OCing, then the Mechatronics that Will suggested will be fine.

4. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

Ok thanks all :clap:

5. Adam

Adam What's a Dremel?

You might see more benefit by having a quieter fan on your cpu, but concentrating more on your case airflow. For example, in my ClearPC with just a front intake and rear exhaust I was getting temps of 50c full load on a Taisol 760, but when I had the board outside the case with the same hsf the temps rose to 60 degrees!

EDIT: One bit of advice though, don't buy anything anywhere near Delta loud as you won't be able to stand it after a few days - I couldn't anyway.

6. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

Adam, you just say that because you're a wuss. :p

Now, my case isn't the loudest on Earth, I'd compare it a 747 engine, and I could probably sleep through it if I wanted to...actually, I have before.

7. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

well then I guess I will be getting that Titan Aluminium fan that was reviewed by bit-tech......maybe I will just save up for watercooling later on :)

8. strossos

strossos What's a Dremel?

you could spend some extra and get a fan controller to keep speeds down bit when u dont need em.

9. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

well I have a relaybus for my cpu fan with a 7v to 12v switch but I am not sure how loud the Delta will be at 7V.

10. Adam

Adam What's a Dremel?

Louder than a quiet fan at 12v pushing more air I'd imagine.