News Delta to fit WiFi to all aircraft

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Aug 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'd pay for it on a 12-hour flight or something, but under 3 hours and there's barely any time between the excitement of take-off and landing for dicking about on the internet anyway...

3. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

for some reason i glanced at this and thought it said wii fit

4. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

I'd pay. I'm usually on the laptop anyway so it would be nice to be able to work (or even just visit my regular sites) on the plane.

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

you're not the only one! this is pretty good price wise actually, so long as speeds hold up ok. let's face it, over a 12 hour flight to another country, you'll spend an hour or so eating, about 2 hours where you're not allowed to use tech equipment (during landing/takeoff etc) you got a bevy of films to watch usually, you got all the faffing and chatting...what i mean is you're not gonna spend the whole flight on the net. hell you'd struggle to spend 3 hours straight on the net on the ground let alone the air. so long as it's 3 hours on a "as you use it" basis, rather than 3 hours straight with no break period then it's good

6. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Same, Krikkit... For a flight of about 5 hours or more, I'd pay.. But there's plenty much else to do on a plane to keep you occupied for less time than that.

7. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Can't help but agree with previous posters - I fly from Heathrow to LAX at least a couple of times most years and it's the sort of flight on which I'd pay for it - but Delta don't do those kinds of routes. On some three-hour puddle jump it's barely worth the bother.

8. wyx087

wyx087 Multimodder

im willing to pay about a quid for an hour on the plane, as long as they've got a plug to charge the iphone (most economy class don't have sockets), it runs out quite quickly through WiFi.

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I would IF they have a power plug available in every seat! 12 hours of WiFi doesn't do me a bit of good with my battery life.

10. DeMoB

DeMoB All of my Dremel wheels are broke!

Haha, when I read the title for this I read it as WiiFit too >_<

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Hmm... I know what you mean. Pack an extra 6-cell if they don't? Better than being skullcrushingly bored for about 9 hours on a flight.

Having said that, I usually just go into "standby" on a flight of any length once takeoff is done... :p

12. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

on Boeing 777 half the seats have a 120v plug, on 757s First class has it, and on others they don't
    my dad is a lifetime platinum medallion with them and i have been silver medallion since i was about 13 so yey delta!

13. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Well even if you don't have a plug, 3-4-5 hours is still plenty of internet time on a flight is quite a lot and you can always spend a long time on the toilet which has always had a plug on the few flights I have been on.

14. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

I saw wii fit too i was like wtf..... dam you Nintendo

15. Blassster

Blassster What's a Dremel?

EDIT. How the hell do I DELETE these???

Made a mistake... when I hit EDIT to find a nonexistant(?) delete post function I didn't realize I hit "quote", in effect making a quote that was really a new post containing my edit...how useless.

16. Blassster

Blassster What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags