1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Desk Fan Paint job

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Slaughter, 28 May 2009.

1. Slaughter

Slaughter What's a Dremel?

So I asked my father to buy me a desk fan because summer comes and its pretty hot here. He bought me a reliable small one which doesnt produce too much noice, love it (even its design) except I dont like the colour seem, nothing a bit of paint cant fix. I need your opinion in two things: Firstly, about the colour seem I was thinking of painting the whole thing mat black except the green things and blades white... what do you think? any other ideas?. Secondly what about the precutions about the device ( so it want get destroyed) I see that the moter has some vents for air to get through so paint might not be such a good idea there, how can I paint it without any problems?

Here is a pic, so you can get a better idea...
    [​IMG]

2. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

If you do decide to paint it, the best method would be to remove the motor from its housing it like that rather than masking the holes. How about a few LEDs? too :D

3. Slaughter

Slaughter What's a Dremel?

Dont like the led idea :p just me though, also I think its impossible to remove the motor from the housing...

4. gnutonian

gnutonian What's a Dremel?

Can't you take the (front) grill off? With most fans I've seen the front grill is attached with three or four "levers" spread out the circumference of the fan grill. At least that'll get the front painted without risking the motor :)

[edit]
    God, I'm stupid. I just realised the motor cover is right in the middle of the damn front grill. Somebody shoot me :p

5. Hambone0326

Hambone0326 Do you really need that finger!?!?

just kinda poke around, and remember where everything goes! lmao see if the round peice on the front "pops" off