1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Desk PC

Discussion in 'Modding' started by skot630a, 29 Mar 2008.

1. skot630a

skot630a What's a Dremel?

OK. so i signed up for this fourm seeing that there were a lot of mod projects here for PC cases
    so i have looked through and people are all making PC cases that sit on the ground
    i personaly dont move my PC at all if any so i was wondering if anyone else has heard of building a PC into a desk?
    the POS desk im on right now is like another home to me but my mother (i say that with a hint of hatred xD ) complains about my giant freakin case all the time
    i would love to build it into my desk, on the left side of my chair i have a hole basicly for trash that is huge! and i would like to udilize it!
    the hole is as deep as my curent case, bout 2' 4" tall and 1'2" wide. so i have the room i just dont know where to start
    the side facing away from me faces the door to my room to the hall so i can go a little crazy on that side
    i have done slight case moding, i moved the small LCD display on my Corsair XMS3200 ram and used a ribbin cable to make it moveable but other than duct tape fixes and daring process of hanging fans by there wires to fix the fact taht the fan in my PSU fryed iv no expereance
    all of your help would be appreceated!
    oh and the biggest problem for me is income, i work at a grocrey store for minimum (5.85) an hour so its also going to have to be cost effective XD
    as far as tools go im covered via my fathers plethra of tools and other construction benifits
    one last thing i would like to know (mod or not) is where and how LED's are obtained and put to use in a PC as far as connecting them w/o frying the PC and where to order LED of any and all colors and the resistors needed to keep them from frying
    so i hope that i get a lot of feedback on this i just blew up my main hard drive so ive nothing left but an old 40GB that im useing for basicly internet
    hope to hear from yall and thanks!

2. perkins teh modder

perkins teh modder What's a Dremel?

3. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Look at the logs section... Some dude here is making a desk just for his PC... Anything is possible..

4. perkins teh modder

-

Last edited: 29 Mar 2008
  5. skot630a

hate to be the jerk but it is in modding and (ironicly) the tag for it is modding :eeek: imagine that!
    and @Spaceraver

i know its posible, ive been thinking about it for years and seen one other project im more worried about matereals and price. thats what i was intending to say about it
    i just need to know about suplyers and other matts

6. perkins teh modder

oops, i was in the wrong forum

7. skot630a

haha its all good
    bu tmostly im rather new to stuff like cutting plexi, bending it, switches LED's and other more modern "construction" proces and materials (though i am verry well with wood)
    most of the tools i have are woodworking tools and im not shure if there are any tricks i can do though we do have a dremel (thank god)