1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PlayStation 4 Destiny: Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 23 Oct 2013.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

What do you guys think of this? Titanfall seems to be stealing the show right now and I don't see/hear many people talking about Destiny.

Everytime I see a Halo/Destiny video I confuse the two and think they're the other.... There doesn't seem to be anything special at all in this.

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The box art is horrible, somewhere an art director is crying that they had to green light it and an artist drinks away the shame every night.

The game looks fine, but is suffering from looking a little too close to Halo visually, mechanically it sounds like a cross between The Elder Scrolls, WoW and Left 4 Dead, which is really interesting.

It could be great, but right now Titanfall has more instant appeal.

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I saw the E3 video for it and I thought it was a mixture of Halo and Borderlands. Completely "meh" unless they really have something legitimately new in there.

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Looking forward to the game myself, and already have it pre-ordered for xBox One :thumb:

Sam

5. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

To me it just doesn't look like it'll be interesting, from what I've read and seen of the game it will be loot/co-op focused so anyone who likes borderlands will probably have a fun time but as for me, I think I'll skip it because I like co-op but I really don't enjoy games based around getting better loot as the main drive to play.

It just has not stood out in any one way or shown me anything that grips me and makes me want to play it. Unless Bungie has been really holding out on a lot of content that we haven't seen or game mechanics that haven't been demoed yet, I think I'll pass on this game. I'm not saying they have to spoil everything and reveal all their secrets but it just really seems so generic to me as it is.

6. Beasteh

Beasteh What's a Dremel?

It looks like it could be a real blast, a bit Borderlands, but bigger and with a mix of solo, co-op and MMO elements. Sadly, there's no PC version, which is a dealbreaker for me. Titanfall it is then!