1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DFI LANPARTY diagnostic LEDs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Joes2silly, 10 Jul 2008.

1. Joes2silly

Joes2silly What's a Dremel?

Okay, I just bought a LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS and I have a question that I can't find the answer to. There are diagnostic LEDs at the bottom of the board next to the power on and reset switches but the manual does not mention them or explain trouble codes. Can someone tell me or show me the trouble codes for this motherboard?

2. Splynncryth

Splynncryth 0x665E3FF6,0x46CC,...

It looks like the post code display is the standard 2 digit, 7 segment display system. Unfortunately, it seems DFI hasn't posted their codes anywhere :sigh:
    They are using an award BIOS, and they may be using an expanded set of codes based on the Award codes listed in this document. A few codes are mentioned in this DFI FAQ page and some of them are maked as reserved in the Phoenix document.

The codes don't indicate an error, they are checkpoints in the process of the BIOS booting the board. When you look at the last code issued, that is the last thing that successfully completed. If you aren't booting, then the error lies somewhere between the code you see, and the next one that would normally be displayed (it looks like they fall through in the order they are listed in the PDF of the codes).

3. Joes2silly

Joes2silly What's a Dremel?

Okay, I have this motherboard installed with the RAM, CPU, ect. But I think that there might be a problem because it won't post and it gives me the "C1" error code. This document says that it is memory while this one says that I need to clear the CMOS and it is the graphics card (ignore that it is a Abit website). I think it is my graphics card, would a 6600GT cause problems with this board?

4. Splynncryth

Splynncryth 0x665E3FF6,0x46CC,...

I believe the reason for said CMOS clearing is the assumption is being made that the user is over clocking their board. The C1 checkpoint should be the BIOS reading the SPD EEPROM on the DIMMs to get information about the memory installed. The hang is happening after that point, but before C2 which looks like the BIOS hands control the the Intel memory reference code. I'm not sure how video fits into the picture, but you can try booting the board without the video card installed. It should get at least a little further if the video card is the problem. If it doesn't, then it could be the RAM or the power supply. If it does, then it could be the card, or gain, the power supply. It could be just a bad board too.

Try the system with a minimal config right after a CMOS clear.