1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DFI Ultra-D

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Superlunchbox, 10 Nov 2005.

1. Superlunchbox

Superlunchbox What's a Dremel?

Hi, I have a question regarding the Ultra-D motherboard from DFI. If I install a Raptor Hard drive for the OS, am I going to have to install the F6 drivers, or will the card autodetect the HDD?

2. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

it should detect it, i think its only the raid drivers that need to be installed with the f6 thing.

3. Superlunchbox

Acknowledged, but because it's a SATA hard drive, won't I have to plug it into a port connected to the RAID controller?

4. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

I think the way it goes is that if you plug the drive into the NVIDIA SATA ports it'll install fine, if you plug the drive into the extra controller ports (does the Ultra-D even have one?) you'll need the floppy.

5. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

The Ultra-D doesn't have the Sil3114 controller :)

6. Superlunchbox

As far as I can tell it has 4 SATA ports, and they're probably all raid capable. Can anyone offer any other help on this?

7. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

As far as I know, the nForce4 controller is capable of SATA RAID 0, 1, and 0+1. The SLI-DR model adds a Silicon Image Sil3114 controller, which gives 4 extra SATA ports and RAID 5 capability.

8. buzz_lips

buzz_lips What's a Dremel?

every Sata HD and Mobo combo I've had you need to have the Sata floppy for the drivers otherwise the board won't recognise the HD. I've no experience with the N Force 4 boards although this will change tomorrow lol so i'll you know!!

9. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

SATA drives are just plug in and play on my motherboard. Only requires drivers for a RAID array or SATA2. I suppose it depends how new the board is.

10. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

I can see my sata drives without additional drivers for the n-force chipset ATA channels without a drivers on my SLI-DR. Dont know about the Sil3114, havent used it.