1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 2 Aug 2010.

1. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Patch is interesting, a lot of stuff to like - a lot to get used to.
    My DH has been nerfed heavily after the attack speed nerf, dropping from around 69k (with sharpshooter passive) to 53k. This coupled with the elemental arrow fix/nerf/whatever has meant I'll definitely have to rethink my build and strategies. That's not entirely all negative tbh.

The friends list pane is much improved, which is nice. Crafting costs as Zoon mentioned above are a lot more manageable now but repairs will offset that. (if you die :p )

The nephalem valor buff is interesting, no more boss farming with it, champ and elite packs is the name of the game it seems, looking forward to see how this works out.

And they've removed the magic find check for barrels and pots and **** which is great, no need to be destroying everything now!

2. suragh

suragh Derp

My witchdoctor may have lost IAS and damage from gear but now I am focusing on finding gear with locust swarm damage % as it deals a tonne of damage per second. I get 10-20k crits (per mob) with it on 300% crit damage with 20% crit hit which is serious damage for a DOT.

3. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Post patch I can now go offensive barb in Act2 and farm elite/champ packs.
    Rather than getting nuked by white mobs in 2 hits.:clap:

4. el2k

el2k Modder

Sadly not as I didn't have any stacks, Was just making sure I did him.. Now I can farm pony level on Inferno :D

5. Comfyasabadger

I have the staff but not geared enough for it yet :(

6. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

7. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I don't I would have the balls for that.

Just think, at each difficulty level when you get to Diablo you have one chance. No if's, no buts, no practice, no **** ups; one mistake and it's all over. I just wouldn't be able to go into that fight, you know, just in case lol.

They must have farmed the crap out of everything for ages to be able to afford the best possible gear for that one attempt.

8. el2k

el2k Modder

Yeah 2 of em, A Wizard and Barbarian did it live on twitch TV with about an hour to spare before the patch hit.

Hardcore... no dying... not for me :D

9. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

gonna say - bored now of D3.....

10. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Agreed, I put about 30 hours in and then started a hardcore character because it just seemed a bit meaningless otherwise.

11. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

went to lvl 60 , did both normal and nightmare - and tbh cba doing it all - again......

12. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

The new patch has made mf'ing rather worthwhile. Myself and a friend (Barb and monk) just run through inferno act 1 looking for champion mobs, so we run through all the areas, kill the blues and yellows and purples, do the bosses and go for any caves we find. We've found a lot of stuff that is meh to just break apart, and we've found a few really great items to sell. We seem to be finding a lot of good gear (Ilvl 60-63) but we seem to get a lot of bad rolls. I haven't tried a2 inferno since the patch but I'm assuming it will be a lot easier so me and my friend are debating to spend a couple million on better gear and farming a2 (a2 can drop stuff for a3 and a4 now). I still think if you have 4 people, goblin farming would be more efficient, but with just 1 or 2 people hunting champion packs isn't too bad.

Also leveling my wizard who is now 51 or 52. Hit a bump at nightmare diablo in public games, 3 wizards and a demon hunter and we got wrecked in phase 2, so after 1 wipe I just left, dropped 20k on a new weapon (bumped my dps from 3.2k to 5.1k) and 1st try solo'd diablo. Now to make my way through hell so I can ding 60 and start mfing. My barb doesn't die often, but he does crappy damage so my wizard is my method to offset when I want to switch it up. Already have some gear put aside that I found while mf'ing.

Any melee class should really look into stormshield, string of ears belt and helm of command. I believe stormshields can have the highest block % (up to 30%) though max resists on them is only something like 20 to all. It also has some reduced dmg from melee, range and elites by 5-10%. String of ears also reduces the incoming damage which is pretty huge for a melee character. Finally, the helm of command can increase your block %, i've seen some at 8% so coupled with a decent block % shield, you can negate a lot of damage. I think block is HUGE and for inferno I personally feel a shield is necessary, 2 handers might do crazy damage and even with big life on hit you can sustain alright, being able to block / negate 1 in every 3 attacks, plus blocking a chunk of incoming damage each hit make them too valuable to throw up. Given, at this point in time I haven't really seen melee's survive without a shield, I am waiting to be proved wrong.

13. Comfyasabadger

Ask and ye shall receive. This is pre 1.0.3 also:

14. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Just taken my DH through Act 3 all post-patch basically, and its much easier than my Wizz was. No dying at all, and while my wizz topped out in damage around 450 for Act 4, my DH is already at 792. Its like 'easy mode'.

The drops have continued to be noticeably better, I've even found gear that's better for my Wizz who's several levels higher.

I'm not sure whether this was a good move or not.

The whole game is less of a challenge with the amount of damage I've gotten behind it all now from the better gear that's come up.

I reckon I'll get a couple of 60s with a full complete before I get bored.

15. suragh

suragh Derp

Ragequit

:D

16. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

ROFL!!! This is why I don't do HC toons. I did it in D2 and got dead at lvl99, I vowed to NEVER do a HC toon again, I can't handle the pressure lol.

17. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I think I hate the Witch Doctor. So boring.

18. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

Just got my Barb into inferno and looking for some bit techers to go through with. Lankuzo#2882 is my user name so add me please. Have a few lower lvl toons aswell

19. Comfyasabadger

So will probably die on it's arse but I do think it's a good idea.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/diablo3hardcorearena/

20. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Pretty much given up on D3 at the moment. There's no future in this gameplay, unlike D2, bloody shame but I enjoyed the near 200 hours I got out of it and will obviously look out for updates.