1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Did I kill my CPU?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BU5H W00K1E, 9 Oct 2018.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Morse Monkey

Firsrly, you don't get to tell people to move on. You can start a discussion by all means but doesn't mean you get to say when it's finished. Be courteous. You've been here 5 days. Our members go back over 15 years.

Thing is, Thewelder, that AIOs aren't designed to be as good as custom loop. They never will be but an 80% solution for a third of the cost with 100% less hassle is an attractive proposition for those people who don't have the time, money or inclination to buy into custom loops.

In this forum, we pride ourselves on being a helpful community, whether your opinion differs from the OP or not. We give balanced opinion based on our experiences and let members learn and find their own way. If you can get on board with that, then by all means, contribute. But if your first impression is a lasting one, then don't expect much conversation.

Comrade Woody likes this.
  2. Thewelder

Thewelder Member

well said.when i say moving on its means for myself to move on to the subject at hand if others allow it..

"In this forum, we pride ourselves on being a helpful community, whether your opinion differs from the OP or not."
    agree %100 never differed from the op and would love to actually hear from the op as i have not yet only others on aios,not the topic at hand.

3. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

A CPU running at 25c-60c on an AIO won't die anymore readily than a CPU on a custom loop running at the same temperatures. Heatsinks, radiators and fans don't do anything clever, they just take heat from one place to another and can deal with a certain amount of it before temperatures start to climb where you don't want them too. The CPU can't tell the difference. If the cooler fails in some way then that's a different matter, but there is no suggestion that happened here, and anyway, the consequences of such a failure would be very different.

It does sound like something has failed, possibly the CPU, and running such a big OC on a day to day basis may have had something to do with it. However if those temperatures are accurate it's extremely unlikely the choice of cooling has anything to do with it.