Guide DigiMeter - LED System Activity Bar-Graph/Chaser - SOFTWARE v1.7

Discussion in 'Modding' started by acrimonious, 31 May 2004.

1. ch4otic

ch4otic What's a Dremel?

OK i made the DigiMeter today and i got it all working fine. But when i use it my computer keeps on crashing. It used to crash randomly before but now it happens more frequently! Anybody got any reasons why?
    My comp is an AMD Athlon XP 1.4 with 368mb RAM also a 40 and an 80 gig hard drive and im running Windows XP Pro SP2.
    Formating doesnt work, ive tried it 3 times! and i also bought a new hard drive and i still have the same problem!

2. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

Possibly power supply.

3. ch4otic

ch4otic What's a Dremel?

i doubt it.... ive got a 300W psu....an all i got connected are 2 fans 2 hard drives a cd-rw and a dvd drive......and the mobo ofcourse...i'll try disconnecteding some things tomorrow and if it works then i'll get a 400W psu.
    thanks

4. ch4otic

ch4otic What's a Dremel?

OK ive bought a 400W PSU and ill test this out as soon as i get it. Where do you guys get your PCBs? I searched on google and i could find anything!!!

5. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

froogle "copper clad board". you use an etch-resist pen to draw where you want the traces, then immerse in a ferric chloride solution (FeCl in water). the solution eats away the copper that isn't covered.

thats the very basic idea, a better guide can be found somewhere in the forum. the UV method in the mod guides section works the best I've heard, but requires some skill and special parts.

radio hack has the stuff, but that would be supporting the "man", and we don't want the man keeping us down anymore

6. ch4otic

ch4otic What's a Dremel?

the new 400W psu didnt do anything...my computer still freezes and stops responding. i really want to fix this problem so i can use the digimeter properly.
    also i searched on froogle but nothing came up...im in the UK so maybe thats why. :wallbash:

7. Demigod14

Demigod14 What's a Dremel?

Any update on the software?

8. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

Looks like this thread has been left for a while...

Where's that COMport version then :D

9. blaffer4x4

blaffer4x4 What's a Dremel?

getting lonely

Hi. Looks like threat is left for a long while. Any updates, moved or cancelled project?

10. Demigod14

Demigod14 What's a Dremel?

Not sure, I check multiple times a day for an update :p

11. blaffer4x4

blaffer4x4 What's a Dremel?

same here, but no updates coming. Trying to think what I could use in replacement *got to have it :D *

12. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

just touching up on a new concept. I came across this article today and was wondering if you could just run one of these to meter only audio. Thats not really my question though. If you seperated sound frequncies could you run multiple ones to meter the different freqs? From what I can tell it would be able to meter the volume of each channel.

My other question is: do they or is it possible to get an equalizer that exports specific freqs to each channel on a sound card, or even an equalizer that lets you tune each channel individually?

Would it be possible to run 7 of these off of a 7.1 sound card if the previous is possible?

13. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

do you need to use a parallel port? i have 2 ports (one mobo and one pci card) but i need both for my 2x16 lcd and my printer, so can you hook it up to serial?

14. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

yeah, right now it only uses the parallel port.

15. smoguzbenjamin

Jon, you need a second PCI parallel port ;)

16. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

O SNAPS!!!! dude thanx for reminding me, well not really but you made me think i forgot that i have this pci card.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-104-231&depa=0

it has an internal port so all i have to do is plug in my pci slot thing it came with and there ya go i got another one sweet!!!!!!!! time to go and jack some resistors from my elexctronics teacher

i just need 1ks?

17. smoguzbenjamin

Should do the trick. Try getting some 480 ohms as well, but that might damage your parallel port, depending on how much current it can source.

18. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

heh ill just stick with 1k's

hmm is it worth it? i mean ill already have my 2x16 character lcd showing all the stuff, plus ill have a ps1 lcd too

i dunno where to mount it lol

i dont have a pcb (i do but id have to use an exacto knife to make the paths and i dont want to) so could i use a piece of acrylic as my pcb? just get drill all these holes, then solder wires and all that crap into the holes and the right stuff?

should i do this?

19. smoguzbenjamin

You can, but it's a lot of work. I suggest you pay a dollar for a perforated circuit board. It's pre-drilled, and has copper plates around ye holes for easy soldering!

20. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya i guess id just do that

GAHh i dunno if i should do this or not, i dont need it and it would probly be more trouble than its worth but ya i dunno. I already will have 2 lcds that CAN display the stuff plus i have no idea where to mount it

id rather use blue leds also but i dont have any nor do i wanna buy some

Tags: