1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment Digital Camera advice request.

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by samkiller42, 18 Mar 2007.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Hi guys and girls, im looking at getting a new Digital Camera, and would like some advice, ive been into my local camera shop, (Sussex Camera Centre) and i told them what i wanted, basicly im going to be taking some shots of my rig, and obviously the family (not sure why) as well as the wonderful landscapes of France, and the Pyrenees Mountains to the south. They showed me a range of cameras from pocket jobs, to full scale SLR cams, but eventually i decided that i would go for the fujifilm finepix s6500fd, however, ive not bought it yet, so i would like some information on wether the camera is any good, or if theres anything better that i could go for, in the £200 region, not bothered if its online or high street shop, any advice is greatly received.

Thanks

Sam

2. Cuban

Cuban What's a Dremel?

Sam,

I brought this camera about 2months ago and am so far impressed with it.
    Having never used anything more than a point & shoot camera before i didnt want to go straight to a SLR.

The camera is very easy to use and has an great 10.7 optical zoom on it, the battery life is really good (and it takes AA's so ive just put in some 2700mh). I would recomend this camera to anyone wanting to move towards SLR but not wanting to spend the money on a full SLR setup yet.
    Ive yet to really play with a lot more of the advanced features as im still very much a novice when it comes to proper photography.

i paid £203 (inc del) for the camera and i think it is well worth the money.

Photos i took with this camera

if you have anymore question let me know

Cuban

3. RTT

RTT #parp

4. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

I have read a few reviews and it looks like a nice piece of kit. I haven't held it, but have played briefly with with 9500 and I liked it. I think you'll be happy.

RTT: nice cross marketing there. :D

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Thanks cuban, RTT and Jumeira_Johnny

I think i will go ahead and purchase it.
    Thread closed, and if i can't close it, could a mod do so for me.

Thanks

Sam

Tags: